real time web analytics
Report - - Science testing centre. Ashford. August 2016 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Science testing centre. Ashford. August 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
First report on here, and I am not a photographer, but enjoy the explore and like to take photos. This report is a little less factual, as I have not seen it on here. I was going to do a well known explore with long report, but opted for this as my first report. As a newbie, I thought Id share a fairly unexplored site. Forgive me for standard of photos and report. I hope to get better in time.

I have not found a lot of history on this place. However what little I did find proved interesting.
Founded in 1447 by john Kempe, the Archbishop of York, as a college for the training of priests. It then changed hands in 1894, the school moved to new premises. It was used for many things. Then in 2005 it was again changed to an animal testing centre, til its closure in 2009. It was brought in 2015 with plans to redevelop the land into houses.

The explore was early evening, and started with a wary walk along a quiet road. As I approached the centre, I was presented with a very tall gate to climb. Once over the gate the enormous building presented dilemmas as to where to enter. This building is 5 storeys high, and several buildings on site. I opted for the main building round the back, as no way could I explore this place on one visit.

I was inside for maybe an hour, when cops turned up, but staying still and with such a big building they had no idea where I was, so left within 15 mins without entering the building. Probably too much of a challenge for them to find anyone in this huge site, and also not knowing how many people were in there, or what they would encounter.
Good luck for me though

Stairs at the front
entrance

IMG_5600.jpg

One of the long corridors on 2nd floor

IMG_5594.jpg

Entrance to one of the labs

IMG_5603.jpg

Another long corridor on 3rd floor

IMG_5605.jpg

And another

IMG_5610.jpg

Entering Microbiology

IMG_5626.jpg

Some sort of incubator maybe in microbiology

IMG_5620.jpg

Still in Microbiology

IMG_5630.jpg

IMG_5634.jpg

IMG_5635.jpg

In the basement now, no idea what this room was

IMG_5636.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

Warning on door, so what do you do, enter of course

IMG_5638.jpg

Just a load of electrical boxes

IMG_5639.jpg

Store cupboard in basement

IMG_5640.jpg

Still in corridors in basement

IMG_5641.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

Corridor still in basement that lead to a lot of rooms in darkness

IMG_5649.jpg

Well that was my first explore at this place. Pretty eerie in places. Next visit will try and get some upper floor photos. Many office upstairs were locked. Sorry photos not very good. As I said im not a photographer, but I enjoy the explore, the history and the mystery.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
That last one of the corridor in the darkness is creepy. This could actually be a location for a horror/zombie film!

The basement was creepy, lots of rooms without windows and weird machines. Will get some better shots next time around

Rayven666

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
First report on here, and I am not a photographer, but enjoy the explore and like to take photos. This report is a little less factual, as I have not seen it on here. I was going to do a well known explore with long report, but opted for this as my first report. As a newbie, I thought Id share a fairly unexplored site. Forgive me for standard of photos and report. I hope to get better in time.

I have not found a lot of history on this place. However what little I did find proved interesting.
Founded in 1447 by john Kempe, the Archbishop of York, as a college for the training of priests. It then changed hands in 1894, the school moved to new premises. It was used for many things. Then in 2005 it was again changed to an animal testing centre, til its closure in 2009. It was brought in 2015 with plans to redevelop the land into houses.

The explore was early evening, and started with a wary walk along a quiet road. As I approached the centre, I was presented with a very tall gate to climb. Once over the gate the enormous building presented dilemmas as to where to enter. This building is 5 storeys high, and several buildings on site. I opted for the main building round the back, as no way could I explore this place on one visit.

I was inside for maybe an hour, when cops turned up, but staying still and with such a big building they had no idea where I was, so left within 15 mins without entering the building. Probably too much of a challenge for them to find anyone in this huge site, and also not knowing how many people were in there, or what they would encounter.
Good luck for me though

Stairs at the front
entrance

IMG_5600.jpg

One of the long corridors on 2nd floor

IMG_5594.jpg

Entrance to one of the labs

IMG_5603.jpg

Another long corridor on 3rd floor

IMG_5605.jpg

And another

IMG_5610.jpg

Entering Microbiology

IMG_5626.jpg

Some sort of incubator maybe in microbiology

IMG_5620.jpg

Still in Microbiology

IMG_5630.jpg

IMG_5634.jpg

IMG_5635.jpg

In the basement now, no idea what this room was

IMG_5636.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

Warning on door, so what do you do, enter of course

IMG_5638.jpg

Just a load of electrical boxes

IMG_5639.jpg

Store cupboard in basement

IMG_5640.jpg

Still in corridors in basement

IMG_5641.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

Corridor still in basement that lead to a lot of rooms in darkness

IMG_5649.jpg

Well that was my first explore at this place. Pretty eerie in places. Next visit will try and get some upper floor photos. Many office upstairs were locked. Sorry photos not very good. As I said im not a photographer, but I enjoy the explore, the history and the mystery.

Fab pics, dunno why but I do have a fascination for hospitals, such a shame that these buildings end up in such a state, excellent work thanks for sharing. R