real time web analytics
Report - - Scotlands Secret Nuclear Bunker, Anstruther August-2010 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Scotlands Secret Nuclear Bunker, Anstruther August-2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

muttonshutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A rather Vanilla report :gay

Following the end of the Cold War, one of Anstruther's best kept secrets has become a major tourist attraction. A secret nuclear bunker, built in 1951 and operational until 1993, located near the village and beneath what during its operational lifetime was an ordinary looking domestic dwelling, has been renovated and is now open to the public as a museum.The bunker was a subsidiary Regional Seat of Government in time of Nuclear emergency and would have been occupied by UK Armed Forces, UKWMO, Royal Observer Corps, and other Civil Service personnel.

Sorry for the ropey pictures, im no pro and this was the first time out with my new camera.

150m Long entrance tunnel

DSC00030.jpg

Right Said Fred on guard with his sten gun

DSC00031.jpg

A rather dodgy mock up of an ROC post along with ROC dolls house

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

RAF Plotting Room

DSC00044.jpg

Chill Out Room

DSC00048.jpg

If i was lucky enough to be locked down here in the event of war then im glad there would be some hot chicks

DSC00052.jpg

2011 iMac

DSC00057.jpg

Gay Nazi Room???????

DSC00049.jpg

If you are thinking of going to Scotlands Secret Bunker and have been to Kelvendon Hatch then i wouldnt bother, it was to expensive, smaller than i was expecting and quite boring.

Thanks for looking.