real time web analytics
Report - - Scotswood railway bridge, March 2016 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Scotswood railway bridge, March 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

danman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Scotswood is a disused railway bridge crossing the River Tyne in Newcastle, spanning 212 meters although now it only transports gas and water. It is the fourth bridge on this site and was opened in 1871. In November 1982 it was permanently taken out of use when the King Edward VII bridge was opened and trains were re-routed through Dunston.

Although it doesn't seem it in the video, it was actually really windy so I didn't go to the other side because I was already loosing my balance and didn't want to end up in the Tyne. I will upload the rest of the pictures if I go back when it's less windy. There was a walk way along the left side of the bridge however it just crumbeled when I stood on it.

IMG_1962_zpss0xfexww.jpg

IMG_1947_zps00hmyfk6.jpg

IMG_1955_zpson6mkqgl.jpg

IMG_1953_zpsqecwzzwb.jpg

IMG_1952_zpsplkktbmn.jpg

IMG_1950_zpswqsomrwn.jpg

IMG_1943_zps5dljm5oe.jpg

IMG_1942_zpsg2janjny.jpg

Reactions: bhg

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Your pics are pretty wonky, sure there's nothing wrong with your camera? :p
It's an interesting looking bridge though, we don't have railway bridges like that in Bury

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
What happened to the video btw? It appears to have been removed

I don't think it will be the forum that have removed the video. A crossing of this bridge should be a right of passage for all explorers in newcastle :p It's not like you'll fall off if yer have to crawl it :thumb