real time web analytics
Report - - Scotswood Railway Bridge, Newcaste April 2016 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Scotswood Railway Bridge, Newcaste April 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
Scotswood Railway Bridge

Alright, so it's not that high but you wouldn't want to fall off the cunt would you? After Megatron, the nearby Heaton TMD and a few local Newcastle rooftops this was only my forth ever "explore". I was working in the area for a few months and had nothing better to do, so found it, walked over it and then walked back over the nearby Scotswood road bridge. The first bit over the grassy park and the section over the river were actually the least scary. My ankles and legs might've survived that even if my keys and phone didn't. Walking over the knobbly rivets, though, 30ft above the concrete path on the north bank gave me some cause for concern.
For those interested, I didn't walk the middle section, though i wish i had. Not that the wooden walkway would've taken my weight had I fallen on to it but I might've grabbed the rusty railing and probably taken that into The Tyne with me had my feet slipped on one of the six downward slopes. I did wonder what them on the nearby southbound A1 must've thought. I'm sure some double takes would've been taken!

The last sentence of the wiki link below made me chuckle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotswood_Railway_Bridge

20160411_193926.jpg

20160411_194507.jpg

20160411_194952.jpg

20160411_195458.jpg

Thanks for lookin'​