real time web analytics
Report - - Reigate hill battle HQ - Surrey - May 2021 ( Picture heavy ) | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Reigate hill battle HQ - Surrey - May 2021 ( Picture heavy )

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Hidinginplanesite

Khurbanx
28DL Full Member
This place has been floating around on social media sites since late 2020 ( Turns out a lot ppl I followed posted back in 2020 ) but in March / April of 2021 this place started to pop up a lot more & is now all over Facebook & Instagram via other explore and it pretty obvious where is due to how trodden down the parth is !

turns out once you do some google on this place a lot of sites talk about it .

I first saw this deep shelter start to pop up back in April Time( turns out I have liked and see photos on Instagram as far back as September last year just didn’t know what the place was ), after seeing the place pop up lots over last month on Facebook & Instagram I thought I do some digging to see if can find it and to my surprise I did!

I first attempt the bunker in April but by the time I arrived it was just too dark to even see anything & at the point, I didn’t really know what we looking for but a close friend of mine found the bunker via an old map and msg me where to go and how to get there, Was pretty surprise how close I was on my first attempt

The explore was pretty simple, we followed the well-trodden footpath down to the bunker! And took us about 5 mins to find the way in

Once inside it was just like most other deep shelters, had two corridors with interconnected tunnels in the middle,

Both tunnels had stuff all yanked down in them there also lots of chalk writing on the floor and on stuff from when people have explores over the years

My most fav part of the explore was gonna say is the newspapers - last time I saw newspapers that old was in an abandoned house . So was nice to see some in the tunnels

We didn’t spend too long down there prob about an hour due to the fact it’s a bit dodgy down there and didn’t want to walk back up the path in the dark and high winds!

History : That i could dig up on the bunker
http://www.jordanheights.btck.co.uk/2ndWorldWaratJordanHeights
A secret bunker was mined inside the chalk quarry , It contained 3,000 feet of tunnels and was designed to be gas and shell-proof. The tunnels were dug by Welsh miners and the Royal Engineers
Some other history :

It’s known that during the Second World War there were many radio aerials on land near to Reigate Hill and the area’s nickname was Radio City. Local residents who knew ARP wardens during the war,

Hidinginplanesite

Khurbanx
28DL Full Member
Nice.........we’re the tunnels just for shelter ? Doesn’t seem to be any larger conference/mapping/planning rooms just tunnels .

newspaper clippings are great “but at last they found the deep shelters”:D

this the map that my someone I know found and put up on FB with tbere report of the deep shelter (:

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
Oh nice! I've heard about this one, didn't realise it was opened again.

Kidney

Weirdy Beardy
28DL Full Member
Its not been closed since the guys dug it out, just not publicised. Finally took a trip to see it earlier in the year. Someone's taken a dump in the generator pit lol.

Wasn't an ARP as such, Battle HQ for Montgomery. Think he used it once and didn't like the place. Anyway he was posted to head up the Africa core shortly after.

Hidinginplanesite

Khurbanx
28DL Full Member
i onk
Its not been closed since the guys dug it out, just not publicised. Finally took a trip to see it earlier in the year. Someone's taken a dump in the generator pit lol.

Wasn't an ARP as such, Battle HQ for Montgomery. Think he used it once and didn't like the place. Anyway he was posted to head up the Africa core shortly after.
y know about it from photos back dating to last year that all over Instagram and stuff !

since April this place has popped up more and more on social media!

yeah I saw it was a battle Hq iv been to a few of them and this was defo different

everyone found this map tbat show all tunnels and stuff and where entrance is ‍♀️ Have no idea what the map site is though but this how I know a few people done it

Hidinginplanesite

Khurbanx
28DL Full Member
Cracking pics
Not very secret if it's been spunked all over social media

it was already all over social media before I shared this by other explores

just when you google the hideout comes up as monteys hideout or secret bunker of riegate I manged dig up load history and stuff on this And people talking about maps ect !

The amount of traffic it had in last 4 month is loads

Rainey

Hilariously under-equipped since 1999.
28DL Full Member
Guess I'm becoming part of the tour bus and showing up there soon, fingers crossed it won't be for nothing with how it's blown up.

Hidinginplanesite

Khurbanx
28DL Full Member
Guess I'm becoming part of the tour bus and showing up there soon, fingers crossed it won't be for nothing with how it's blown up.

I heard that it was getting sealed on Monday just gone cause over weekend about 10 + different groups went , 6 sets went on the Sunday and land owner turned up and also called the police tbis what I was told by 2 different explores! So don’t even know still open

place Been hit mega hard over last month by loads and loads explores and posted a lot too

Rainey

Hilariously under-equipped since 1999.
28DL Full Member
I heard that it was getting sealed on Monday just gone cause over weekend about 10 + different groups went , 6 sets went on the Sunday and land owner turned up and also called the police tbis what I was told by 2 different explores! So don’t even know still open

place Been hit mega hard over last month by loads and loads explores and posted a lot too

Jesus, I might cancel that trip.

Who has read this thread (Total: 417) View details