real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - Secrets of an UrbEx mission: London Evening Standard 15/03/10 | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News Secrets of an UrbEx mission: London Evening Standard 15/03/10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinity is Now

Ill Funk Freaker
28DL Full Member
cool u done the olympic site? lets see the report.
Ah yes, the other mistake. I like cycling to the site perimeter and taking pictures from the eco-cafe beside the site, with a nice glass of ginger beer. I think I'll put that in high stuff now... ;)

major_tom

occupy rooftops
28DL Full Member
i didn't see that until a friend of mine showed me tonight. funny, because i picked up a copy on the Tube but didn't read it until i got home.

decent shots though. hopefully the flickr name is just a coincidence.

Winchester

Nicht Normal
28DL Full Member
They built a railway line to serve the whole of the building of the Epsom Cluster. Don't think it was ever used for patients though

Horton.gif

statler

28DL Member
28DL Member
You can see the railway line go straight into the rear of the hospital down between the water tower in this plan.

GeneralLayoutPlanColoured.gif

Derelict-UK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Most UrbExers are keen photographers, drawn to the beauty of decay and, as Scott Cadman says, “being as far away from other people as possible”

lol, I couldn't agree more :D

Pity the reporter managed to sneak in the old cliché about "asbestos" :rolleyes:

What is wrong with pointing out the danger of asbestos? If it wasn't for the awareness from this site, I would still be clueless about it's dangers and what to look out for. The more people know about it, the better for everyone, especially with all the pikeys ripping asbestos lined covers off to get to the copper.

However cliché it may be, it is correct that people should be aware of the dangers.

Last edited:

The_Revolution

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
However cliché it may be, it is correct that people should be aware of the dangers.

But throw away lines about the mysterious silent killer that'll strike you dead the moment you go into an old building don't promote awareness, they just add to the hysteria. :rolleyes:

If he'd done any research, he'd know the risk was minimal.

Magnetmonkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey scot nice one mate good promotion for urbex and your future career.

Top pictures as well. Realy good eye for detail. Keep it up:thumb:thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details