Web
Analytics
Report - - Seoul Drains... a bunch. 2016. | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Seoul Drains... a bunch. 2016.

siologen

I Go Where The Drains Are
Regular User
Concrete!
Pillars!
Really oddly angled floors!
Sewers running in side trenches!
More pillars!
Deep Freezer Flap Curtains!
'Fake' river outlets!
Many ceiling grilles!
Map Plaques!

Snaps n i did 12 Seoul drains months back, walking close to 30kms underground over 5 days. Never once saw a single brick. We ran a loud Bluetooth speaker the entire time, guzzling energy drinks, dodging homeless folks, parting the flaps, n generally fucking about. Some of Seouls drains are enormous.

In no particular order a few photos of the bigger ones.
Eastern sidewalk, Ukcheon River Tunnel (The Host's Drain)
IMG_4294.jpg

Brief Concrete flooring in the centre of Ukcheon, its mostly bare earth with rocks and pools.
IMG_4288.jpg

Western Sidewalk of Ukcheon.
IMG_4263.jpg

Side sewer overflow chamber in the Ukcheon River Tunnel.
IMG_4286.jpg

Large side sewer in the Ukcheon... I didnt bother with sewers while in Seoul, simply cos they seemed less interesting and were a slow death to traverse due to bullshit slippery concrete floors.
IMG_4272.jpg

Upper Ukcheon, bout 4kms in.
IMG_4279.jpg

'Fake River Water' blasting out behind the freezer curtains, outfall of Seongbuk.
IMG_4305.jpg

Sewer Spill in Seongbuk River
IMG_4303.jpg

Middle Seongbuk.
IMG_4302.jpg

Upper Seongbuk River.
IMG_4297.jpg

Quite a few tunnels had these little map plaques showing your location, this was in Seongbuk.
IMG_4299.jpg

One of many mild slides in Bulgwang River.
IMG_4337.jpg

Lower Bongwon.
IMG_4328.jpg

Midway through Bongwon River.
IMG_4327.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg

Upper Bongwon.
IMG_4318.jpg

Outfall of the Danghyeon River. The rocks in the middle hide a pump that bubbles up clean water for the river park downstream, the curtains to the left are another side tunnel.
IMG_4316.jpg

Pillers up the arse, Danghyeon River.
IMG_4312.jpg

Upper Danghyeon River
IMG_4310.jpg

We couldnt ascertain this massive drains real title... The lights made it great fun, but we didnt follow it much further than a km as there appeared to be works going on upstream.
IMG_4342.jpg

IMG_4345.jpg

IMG_4344.jpg

PatientTheory

Yung explorer
28DL Full Member
This is actually one of the best drains ive seen. Last two shots are a gem, reminds me of tracks for some reason

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good report, bit surprised to see the sewage flowing openly in the side channels and that other tunnel (looks like grey water?). I mean, even in broken britain at least they make an effort to put them inside a pipe:( Bit surprised, thought they would have some high tech seperation of sewage and river water over there....is there much runoff in the river?

Last edited: