Web
Analytics
Report - - Series 5a, Manchester - March 2015 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Series 5a, Manchester - March 2015

Snake Oil

go in drains
Regular User
Series 5a, Manchester - March 2015

Explored with ConcreteJungle and Kenni

A rather unassuming inverted brick egg outfall into the River Irwell leads us into a small weir overflow chamber. Upstream through a cack filled 1 metre RCP is the screened sewer overflow, downstream is a big holding tank that fills when the sewer is at capacity. A penstock in the screening chamber presumably closes once the tank is full preventing any discharge into the river. The downstream pipe from the weir chamber ends in a vertical drop straight into the tank, so not somewhere I wanted to be so unfortunately no photos from that side.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Punk

Irregular Member
Regular User
Looks a fun place to visit :thumb When I saw the first pic, I first thought god that's small!