Web
Analytics
Report - - Seven Pines Mansion, Virginia Waters, Aug 2020 & Jan 2021 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Seven Pines Mansion, Virginia Waters, Aug 2020 & Jan 2021

theurbexcouple

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Explore:
Me and Holly explored Seven Pines in August of 2020 and just before lockdown approached this month of January 2021 so before anyone comes down on me and my fiance for exploring during pandemic, as we didnt :D. When we went in August, it was awesome as we managed to get inside but unfortunatley at this time, we forgot to take pictures on this visit and kind of wanted to see everything from our view from our eyes. But, we enjoyed the visit very much so as we were undisturbed for the 2 hours we were in there and we stayed quiet from the neighbours. The place was trashed and had still some possesions from the previous owners and the garden was huge too. We left the mansion feeling very happy with our finding of this property as we knew that the urbex community had been a hotspot for this place and wanted to see it for ourselves in person which we did :D. The only thing we never could see here was get into the basement as the stairs was crammed with stuff, but we'll just enjoy the memories we took from here when we could get inside.

Then, we decided to leave it a few months before we came back here to explore again in January as we definetley wanted to grab some pictures here for sure plus to see whether anything had changed in the months that we left this place. When we got here we were surprised that a lot had changed from when we were here on our 1st visit, but to be fair it was expected as when we came here in January it was and still is in process of demolition and knew at this time. Unfortunatley though, it seems like they have secured the place up real good now for sure with double metal pieces on the windows, doors that were open before were all locked up, tennis court was locked up and items from inside there were now by the sauna, which was also locked up. They are now in process of chopping up the garden too plus seems like there in process of clearing everything out now in the mansion so best we could do was grab some pictures from the outside and leave. But, we knew what it looked like inside anyways from our 1st visit, so it was not all gloom and doom there really!!

History:

Bryan Forbes and his wife Nanette Newman, bought this mansion in 1955 for £7000. They renovated the property and lived in it till Bryan died 2013. Nanette carried on living there till 2016. Nanette couldn't keep up with the house after Bryan died because it cost too much in maintenance so she moved out in 2016. Her kids offered to pay for the house but she said no. The house is now worth near on 3 million! The house has been on for sale but sadly didn’t sell so a development company brought the land and property and now are in process of putting a new building in replacement of the mansion. Forbes was born John Theobald Clarke on 22 July 1926 in Queen Mary's Hospital, Stratford, West Ham, Essex. His father was a salesman and he grew up at 43 Cranmer Road, Forest Gate, where he attended West Ham Secondary School and Horncastle Grammar School after he was evacuated during the Second World War to Porthleven in Cornwall to the vicar Canon Edward Thornton Gotto and his wife. A school friend at West Ham was artist Albert Herbert. Lionel Gamlin of the BBC took him on as the host of Junior Brains Trust, and invented Clarke's pseudonym of Bryan Forbes.

In 1951 he married Irish actress Constance Smith, and the couple travelled to Hollywood in the early 1950s. Forbes soon returned to the UK where soon after he and Smith divorced in 1955. Forbes went on to marry actress Nanette Newman the same year. It was popularly believed that Roger Moore was their best man, but Newman denied this on the Alan Titchmarsh Show in 2011. The couple had two daughters; journalist Sarah Standing, who is married to actor John Standing, and there other daughter, television presenter Emma Forbes. Forbes was diagnosed with MS(Multiple Sclerosis) in 1975, while working on The Slipper and the Rose where he remained in remission which he attributed to cutting out gluten and taking vitamins and oil of primrose, together with Nanette's care. However, he revealed in a 2012 interview that it had been a misdiagnosis and carried on living life to the fullest. He continued his acting, directing and screenwriting career into the early 1990s, and was still publishing novels in the 2010s. Forbes died at his home in Virginia Water, Surrey, on 8 May 2013 at the age of 86, following the illness of his MS(Multiple Sclerosis). Journalist and former Spectator editor, Matthew D'Ancona, a friend of the Forbes family, said: "Bryan Forbes was a titan of cinema, known and loved by people around the world in the film and theatre industries, and known in other fields. He is simply irreplaceable and it is wholly apt that he died surrounded by his family." Film critic Mark Kermode wrote: "Once had the fan-boyish pleasure of telling Bryan Forbes how much I loved Stepford Wives. He was charming and self-effacing. A great loss." He directed the film The Stepford Wives (1975) and wrote and directed several other films, including Whistle Down the Wind (1961), Séance on a Wet Afternoon (1964), and King Rat (1965). He also scripted several films directed by others, such as The League of Gentlemen (1960), The Angry Silence (1960) and Only Two Can Play (1962).

(We sure will miss this place for sure when it goes, but im glad we got to explore it when we did, so we could experience in all its pure glory and amazing features before it goes away forever. Guess thats what happens when places go abandoned and building companies grab what they can so they can rebuild and let it crumble away. The memories of exploring places will stay with you like this place will stay with me and Holly for sure as this was a awesome explore and will be sad to see it go)

Thank you for reading and hope you enjoy the pictures we took below of our exploration.
See ya later!!
Holly & John:D

(Excuse the quality of this photo, dont know what happened here:()

theurbexcouple

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Love the last shot. Why is there so many abandoned houses in seven pines I wounder
Thank you :) Have no idea to be fair, we want to explore these such places in seven pines but just gotta find them. Think people cant keep up with payments possibly :) or they just want new life elsewhere

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Finally its been sealed. But demoing such a great house is a shame. Its stood empty all this time, whilst others live on the street. Oh the rich, how wasteful some can be. Nice to see your shots. Shame on your 1st visit you didnt shoot any updates. Anyway nice report

theurbexcouple

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Finally its been sealed. But demoing such a great house is a shame. Its stood empty all this time, whilst others live on the street. Oh the rich, how wasteful some can be. Nice to see your shots. Shame on your 1st visit you didnt shoot any updates. Anyway nice report
yes for sure its been sealed now. think security will be doing there rounds a lot more and didnt help with the illegal rave that happened erly on in 2020. thats why probably the house is going too as the local residents wernt happy. yes the rich are very wasteful for sure. made of money like they think it grows on trees lol. thank you for that :) yeah 1st visit we didnt have decent camera, only a phone and pictures would of been rubbish anyways :) but seven pines is plastered everywhere on social media really

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
yes for sure its been sealed now. think security will be doing there rounds a lot more and didnt help with the illegal rave that happened erly on in 2020. thats why probably the house is going too as the local residents wernt happy. yes the rich are very wasteful for sure. made of money like they think it grows on trees lol. thank you for that :) yeah 1st visit we didnt have decent camera, only a phone and pictures would of been rubbish anyways :) but seven pines is plastered everywhere on social media really
Yes it is plastered everywhere, I seen it go from near perfect to trashed. Ah didnt know the rave was there, knew it was Surrey though lol

elhomer12

Maglite size T-rex, It's time for urbex!
Regular User
I thought the place had already been demo'd to be honest but interesting to see what it looks like now.... We stopped by march 2019, I never put any report up though as everyone was doing it then

Ste1000

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I got to see this place early on when it was mint, tbh I didnt know why it got so much attention as it wasn't that interesting even before it was trashed.
There are some much more interesting places that have been posted up on here that have survived years relatively untouched, maybe because the locations aren't so well known yet.

Last edited:

theurbexcouple

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I thought the place had already been demo'd to be honest but interesting to see what it looks like now.... We stopped by march 2019, I never put any report up though as everyone was doing it then
To be fair we did try to see what it's like inside and looks like they have cleaned everything up there. Black bin bags everywhere, the books outside from previous owners are now nearly stacked up, outside the front of the house has been cleared up. So it's different for sure, don't know of anyone went in after us so don't know if it's open again. Would love to go inside to see how different it is but don't know if that's possible now.... :(

theurbexcouple

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
when is the demolition taking place, does anyone know ?
As far as were aware of looking at everything that was there, possible early of this year of 2021, but with covid and everything I'm guessing that's been postponed until further notice. The way there chopping up the garden right now, seems to me they want to get rid of this house quickly