real time web analytics
Report - - Severalls Hospital, Colchester - May 2008/March 2015 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Severalls Hospital, Colchester - May 2008/March 2015

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Not content with getting a nosebleed from doing two explores over the weekend I found myself holed up in a hotel not more than 2 minutes away from Severalls on Monday night. It would be rude not to take a wonder. I've been to Sevs 3 times in total and I guess I always forget about just how bloody big it is on the asylum scale. If it had even a small amount of stuff left behind it would be up there with the iconic asylums such as Cane Hill & West Park. Despite numerous plans to demolish the buildings it's somehow outlived many of its counterparts. I wouldn't dismiss it being the last derelict one standing at this rate.

As it was pitch dark and I was on my own I didn't take many internals. Keen not to alert anyone to my presence I just ambled around for a bit till the rain signalled an end of the trip. However I've put some pictures in from a previous visit in 2008 as unfortunately my original report is no more.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

16.jpg

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Love that corridor shot. Really gotta get myself down here
Cheers for sharing :thumb

JuJu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I fancy a visit as well, shall we see if wombat is up for it one weekend?