real time web analytics
Report - - Severalls Lunatic Asylum April 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Severalls Lunatic Asylum April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

pusher

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi guys this is my first report here, hope u will enjoy it :)

For a start:
HISTORY (source - wikipedia)

Severalls Hospital
in Colchester, Essex, UK was a psychiatric hospital built in 1910 to the design of architect Frank Whitmore. It opened in May 1913.
The 300-acre (120 ha) site housed some 2000 patients and was based on the "Echelon plan" - a specific arrangement of wards, offices and services within easy reach of each other by a network of interconnecting corridors. This meant that staff were able to operate around the site without the need to go outside in bad weather. Unlike modern British hospitals, patients in Severalls were separated according to their gender.
Villas were constructed around the main hospital building as accommodation blocks between 1910 and 1935. Most of the buildings are in the Queen Anne style, with few architectural embellishments, typical of the Edwardian period.
The hospital closed as a psychiatric hospital in the early 1990s following the closure of other psychiatric institutions. However, a small section remained open until 20 March 1997 for the treatment of elderly patients suffering from the effects of serious stroke, etc., as a temporary building for nearby Colchester General Hospital which was in the process of building an entire new building for these patients.
For more informations please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severalls_Hospital

EXPLORE
So yes... i overslept, one look at the clock and i knew i won't spend there as much time as i wanted to.
3hrs drive from Bristol, and i finally got there. I was a little bit surprised, couse of the fences and barbed wire on it, while scouting for a access point i've noticed cctv as well. I knew it won't be easy this time. After half hour i found a place that was pretty safe, and there was a return way as well, one minute of silence when i was on the fence and yes, f... it let's do this. Quick run to get to the site, jump over the window, and i cut me hand... pretty badly, i couldn't stop the bleeding. I was wondering should i go back or stay, and why i'm so unlucky this day. I let it go and after a quarter bleeding stopped. Little bit red paint on my hand but i'm in, i'm alive, no one cought me, and my battery is full soo let's go !
3 hours inside and i managed to take a look at the south side of hospital, center and little bit of west side, time was running out so i decided to go back. Quick jump over this fence again and yes i was safe :) , few minutes later i noticed white bmw going around the site so i think the time was right.
Feelings ? Hmmm i've never been on a site like this one, it was a maze, i had a map, gps but still i was wondering where the hell am i... :D
Looooooong corridors, nature getting inside thru the doors and windows, i even noticed a dear between the buildings, this place have incredible atmosphere. I know one think i want to go back !

Quite boring story, so here is some photos:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg

If you got that far please tell me what you think about my report, i will appreciate every advice.
And sorry for any grammar errors, as i am not a native speaker.

Last edited:

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
I'm pleased to see this one again. I was worried with recent gossip, it would be avoided for a while. I still haven't seen the whole thing yet

UrbanDuck

Authorised Trespasser
28DL Full Member
Great report, I never get bored of Sevs. Credit for getting in and out with no capture and with injury! Love the photos! :thumb

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Quality stuff :thumb Glad you enjoyed this, been meaning to do this myself. Enjoyed this, looking forward to more reports :thumb

pusher

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for all your positive comments it keeps me more motivated ! Cheers !

TripleOG86

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks good mate, some nice pictures in there, i particularly like the one of both corridors as your stood in the corner.

Dolphin123

28DL Member
28DL Member
Nice pics, thanks. I spent a lot of my early childhood there and love to see any updates before it goes.

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details