real time web analytics
Report - - Severalls Lunatic Asylum - Colchester - March 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Severalls Lunatic Asylum - Colchester - March 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ekto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Explore:
pulled out after about 5 hours by a gurkha secca, he was in there looking for some other group that luckily got us nabbed.. Lucky!

The History:
Severalls Hospital in Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom was a psychiatric hospital built in 1910 to the design of architect Frank Whitmore. It opened in May 1913.

The 300-acre (120 ha) site housed some 2000 patients and was based on the "Echelon plan" - a specific arrangement of wards, offices and services within easy reach of each other by a network of interconnecting corridors. This meant that staff were able to operate around the site without the need to go outside in bad weather. Unlike modern British hospitals, patients in Severalls were separated according to their gender. Villas were constructed around the main hospital building as accommodation blocks between 1910 and 1935. Most of the buildings are in the Queen Anne style, with few architectural embellishments, typical of the Edwardian period.

The hospital closed as a psychiatric hospital in the early 1990s following the closure of other psychiatric institutions. However, a small section remained open until 20 March 1997

The Images: (i dont have originals anymore lost in a computer reboot squint your eyes you might not see the dreadful hdr...sorry? lol)

9jkdmEg.jpg

70NeVOp.jpg

4xRCJGy.jpg

yQAUdDr.jpg

dSICapb.jpg

coGbsTp.jpg

yR2UgbW.jpg

dcaSGqa.jpg

MbMXykw.jpg

McPLSrF.jpg

Thanks for looking

ekto.

Last edited:

ekto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
these are off the scale. Also can you turn down the volume knob on the HDR, your other report looked much better for no HDR tbh.

i did apologize for that dude i no longer have originals! :/ computer took a reboot and i missed a few folders... gutted

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
Well they are a bit over cooked so won't be to everyone's taste but otherwise ok. Remember to get your back routine in place next time lol.o_O

ekto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
yeah im gutted, tbh i was bedbound last year, had alot on must of slipped my mind, wont happen again!

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Dramatically overcooked pics unfortunately mate, way too much for what"s acceptable on here (although going off some recent reports you may question this.......i know i have )

Peoples personal opinion of HDR does not come into it, it!"s the Forum rules mate

And you along with everyone else posting reports, need to add some History of the place as not everyone reading will know it.

Apart from that well done getting in ;)

ekto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
can you remove HDR? i literally have no originals lost them all im gutted tbh, looking back yeah over cooked and ergh...

everyone tried it once i suppose haha :) ill add some history now :)

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I doubt you can mate well not enough to pass lol

As i said it"s not a personal thing it"s a Forum requirement which sets us apart from the other Forums, no overcooked HDR & naming of sites etc etc

Some HDR pics look dramatic but others look like what i imagine taking Acid makes your world look like ;)

ekto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
agreed, a phase i went thru for ten minutes and is all im left of, of 2014's explore, i got one from this year ill have an edit and undercook em this time ;)

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Although it states no overcooked images when you post, what we need is the FAQS back to which we can refer people too even if like before they never read them lol

Or decide once and for all what is the 28DL policy on processing images ? if there still is one ? and enforce that policy instead of allowing some people to take the piss & ruin members eyesight lol

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
depending on how many pics you have taken on this memory card since you may be able to recover some of the originals.it is a long shot as the report is a year old but maybe worth a try

ekto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
didnt think of that mate, tbh i think my boss nicked it off me, been used many times since, but if a card pops up ill defo try to find them! thanks for that pal :)

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
didnt think of that mate, tbh i think my boss nicked it off me, been used many times since, but if a card pops up ill defo try to find them! thanks for that pal :)

There is plenty of free recovery software but if you get really stuck i may have a link to something for you

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details