real time web analytics
Report - - Severalls Lunatic Asylum, March 2012 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Severalls Lunatic Asylum, March 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Drunken Monk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So this was my first trip to Severalls. This post won't include much history because I plan on returning with a few friends, one of whom has done extensive research on this site for a university project, so I'm going to pike some of the information she has and put it on here after we pay this place another visit.

Couple of things to note about the site -

1) It is absolutely massive. I know people have mentioned this before, but you only really appreciate the scale of it once you're in there. Just to walk from one end of the compound to the other will take you close to 45 minutes. And that's just following the inner perimeter road. We spent a good 2.5 hours in this place and probably only say about 1/5th of what it had to offer!

2) This place has some of the best corridors and indoor open spaces that I've encountered. Fulham Wharf came close, but Severalls takes the trophy for sure!

3) Some portions of the site has suffered from vandalism and fire damage which is sad but, considering its been abandoned since 1996, I think its expected. Most of it stands strong though, which is very encouraging.

In this explore, what has been covered are the West Wing Wards, Squirrels Boutique, The X-Ray Department, The Operating Theatre and The Pharmacy building. We also went down the infamous Severalls Tunnels but no pictures have been provided as its probably best to keep a lid on the location and nature of the tunnels due to how quickly these things have a habit of getting sealed!

A big, big thanks to Essex Mouse for joining me on this explore. It was a brilliant day and an absolutely fantastic site to cover with loads of local knowledge coming my way. Mr Mouse, I bow to you. The last thing I'll say is, I'll definitely be back. Now, on with the pics!

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

Some of that fire damage
IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

This infamous Sons of Anarchy scrawl
IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg