real time web analytics
Report - - Shameless Set, Wythenshawe - February 2012 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Shameless Set, Wythenshawe - February 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tweek

SNC/SWC
Regular User
Shameless, Wythenshawe – February 2012

Visited with Bigjobs, Gone and Sho.

IMG_9289-1.jpg

Tickets this way for the Chatsworth Express.

Come and watch pikeys making a mess
of the lives they were given by him upstairs
and kids they're convinced aren't actually theirs.

What sounds on earth could ever replace
Kids needing money or wives in your face?

Cause this people reckon, and me included,
is why pubs and drugs were kindly invented -
to calm us all down, to stop us going mental,
these are Chatsworth estate's basic essentials.

We are worth every penny for grinding your axes.
You shit on our head, but you pay the taxes.

Imagine a Britain without Chatsworth's buccaneers,
who would come on your face for the price of a beer.

Make poverty history...cheaper drugs now!​

A bit of an obsession for me this one.

Having worked in West Gorton, I used to regularly pop into the ‘Shameless shop’ for milk, biscuits and rolling-tobacco – the lifeblood of all civil sector jobs – and although not too often, I even had a pint or two in the recently-closed Wellington Pub (known on the programme as The Jockey).

I found some dodgy pictures off my Sony Ericsson K660i from 2007-2008.

The Shops

DSC00341.jpg

View from Fujitsu Tower

DSC00263.jpg

Gallagher's and Maguire's Backyards

DSC00299.jpg

The problem was the location scouting for Paul Abbott’s ‘Chatsworth Estate’ was a just little bit too good when they chose this small pocket of West Gorton... as teenage yobs had to be handed anti-social behaviour orders to stop them persistently targeting cast and crew while they filmed on the estate.

So, after 4 seasons of slumming it with the West Gorton massive, the move to a purpose-built site on an industrial estate in Wythenshawe took place in 2007, with The Chatsworth Fryer, The Jockey, Karib’s Cash & Carry (now Chesco), the alleyways and terraced houses all painstakingly recreated in plywood, with the internals filmed in the studio warehouse on site.

Incidentally, I now work in Wythenshawe, so the temptation to take a peek at their efforts was a little over-whelming and I even got as far as a recce when all of a sudden this report shows up the same week. I put it on the backburner, and forgot about it. Fast forward a few months, after a few discussions with Bigjobs, we met up with Gone and Sho and went for a gander.

Some Pics

IMG_9285-1.jpg

IMG_9288-1.jpg

IMG_9290-1.jpg

IMG_9287-1.jpg

The Jockey was particular priority this time, having been over-looked in previous reports due to its tricky positioning at the other side of the site behind the heavily-monitored studios.

IMG_9283-1.jpg

IMG_9277-1.jpg

Note: Chatsworth Cum-unit- Centre

IMG_9280-1.jpg
IMG_9292-2.jpg

IMG_9293-1.jpg

IMG_9291-1.jpg

Top night out this, it's impossible not to have a laugh when you're skulking round this place... the only disappointment was we weren't caught, so Bigjobs didn't get the chance to use his 'I was just looking for somewhere to suck off my mates' line whilst sat in the back of a pink Cadillac...

IMG_9272-2.jpg

Thanks for viewing, now... SCATTER!
tweek

:Not Worthy

IMG_9279-1.jpg