Web
Analytics
Report - - Sharrow St.John Methodist Church - sheffield - jan 2011 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sharrow St.John Methodist Church - sheffield - jan 2011



Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
#1
The church was originally a "Methodist New Connexion" chapel, built in about 1889, the congregation outgrew the original chapel, so in 1906, a larger building was opened, with the original chapel becoming a church hall.

In WW2, John Street methodist chapel was bombed, and the congregations joined together, adding the name of st john to Sharrow.

visited with kitty

s04321.jpg


churchpanorama.jpg


pewhewbarneymegrew.jpg


pillar.jpg


cushions.jpg


newelrail.jpg


hymnbook.jpg


newel-1.jpg


bibles.jpg


pianomusic.jpg


archstain.jpg


thanks for looking :thumb
 

Similar threads