real time web analytics
Report - - Sheffield (and surrounding area) Various, July 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sheffield (and surrounding area) Various, July 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sheffield (and surrounding area)

With no set plans in place, half of team Weasel set off across the hills to the Steel City of Sheffield to see what was open and what had changed since the last visit.

It's an odd place is Sheffield, places open up, then quickly close down again, but there is one constant that you can always expect to see and that is the ever expanding canvas for the rather talented graffiti artists of the area.

Nothing epic hear, just some familiar places that everyone has probably seen before.

[1]
IMG_27988.jpg

[2]
IMG_27982.jpg

Record Marple

[3]
IMG_28036.jpg

[4]
IMG_28089.jpg

[5] & [6]
IMG_28049.jpg
IMG_28103.jpg

Loxley Chapel

[7]
IMG_28112.jpg

[8]
IMG_28115.jpg

[9]
IMG_28127.jpg

Lower Bradfield Fliter House

[10]
IMG_28262.jpg

[11] & [12]
IMG_28188.jpg
IMG_28234.jpg

[13]
IMG_28200.jpg

Thornseat Lodge

[14]
IMG_28300.jpg

[15] & [16]
IMG_28279.jpg
IMG_28285.jpg

Full Gallery HERE

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Lots of nostalgic memories here. Always like seeing bits of Sheffield again. I completely agree with you when you say things seem to open and close sporadically in Sheff; it's pure luck most of the time whether something is open or not.

Andrejuan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ditto on the shots, respect.
Sheff. has some stunning graf. Oddly the best is hidden, and the public graf. walls are usually very average? Guess I don't understand the culture.

Esoteric Eric

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Ditto on the shots, respect.
Sheff. has some stunning graf. Oddly the best is hidden, and the public graf. walls are usually very average? Guess I don't understand the culture.

Long time graffiti writers tend to shun the legal stuff saying its not proper graffiti. A handful of writers do paint legal as well though. Best off looking down Sydney street way.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Long time graffiti writers tend to shun the legal stuff saying its not proper graffiti. A handful of writers do paint legal as well though. Best off looking down Sydney street way.
I was over at a graffiti event in Blackpool today, organised by the council, plenty of long time artists participating in that and it was some of the best stuff I have see in a long time.

Esoteric Eric

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I was over at a graffiti event in Blackpool today, organised by the council, plenty of long time artists participating in that and it was some of the best stuff I have see in a long time.

A lot do attend the organised jams because there's potential to write a different tag instead of their illegal name. I've been a graffiti writer for 10 years but don't paint illegal anymore due to work. There is a good jam in Sheffield but it's just passed in June, on the basketball court down London road as part of the Sharrow Festival.

ClaireM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sheffield (and surrounding area)

With no set plans in place, half of team Weasel set off across the hills to the Steel City of Sheffield to see what was open and what had changed since the last visit.

It's an odd place is Sheffield, places open up, then quickly close down again, but there is one constant that you can always expect to see and that is the ever expanding canvas for the rather talented graffiti artists of the area.

Nothing epic hear, just some familiar places that everyone has probably seen before.

[1]
IMG_27988.jpg

[2]
IMG_27982.jpg

Record Marple

[3]
IMG_28036.jpg

[4]
IMG_28089.jpg

[5] & [6]
IMG_28049.jpg
IMG_28103.jpg

Loxley Chapel

[7]
IMG_28112.jpg

[8]
IMG_28115.jpg

[9]
IMG_28127.jpg

Lower Bradfield Fliter House

[10]
IMG_28262.jpg

[11] & [12]
IMG_28188.jpg
IMG_28234.jpg

[13]
IMG_28200.jpg

Thornseat Lodge

[14]
IMG_28300.jpg

[15] & [16]
IMG_28279.jpg
IMG_28285.jpg

Full Gallery HERE

Oooo wow some great shots! These places are really cool, I'm traveling up that way for a personal photography trip soon and would love to check some out :D