Web
Analytics
Report - - Sheffield Court house - Sheffield - February 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

    Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

    Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

    Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Sheffield Court house - Sheffield - February 2014

Mr Beady

Over 8
Regular User
#1
Visited with with a ginger bloke (derphouse) and Geovubdubbub and badbatz.

Was rather nice to hang out with others and getting out there, very surprised we didn't bump into any others, they were all probably down the D.R.I.

History:

Sheffield Old Town Hall stands on Waingate in central Sheffield, England, opposite Castle Market.
The building was commissioned to replace Sheffield's first town hall, which had opened in 1700 to a design by William Renny. This first structure stood by the parish church, on a site with little prospect for extension.

The Old Town Hall was built in 1807–8 by Charles Watson, and was designed to house not only the Town Trustees but also the Petty and Quarter Sessions. The initial building was a five-bay structure fronting Castle Street, but it was extended in 1833 and again in 1866 by William Flockton (1804-1864) of Sheffield and his partner for the project, Abbott; the most prominent feature was the new central clock tower over a new main entrance that reoriented the building to Waingate. At the same time, the building's courtrooms were linked by underground passages to the neighbouring Sheffield Police Offices.

By the 1890s, the building had again become too small, and the current Sheffield Town Hall was built further south. The Old Town Hall was again extended in 1896-7, by the renamed Flockton, Gibbs & Flockton, and became Sheffield Crown Court and Sheffield High Court. In the 1990s, these courts moved to new premises, and since at least 1997 to present, the building remains disused.
12498556075_72e25120d3_b.jpg


12498556085_9431a7477f_b.jpg


12498555415_3e39c12aa8_b.jpg


12498555305_0e2b50bbba_b.jpg


12498555755_50912346aa_b.jpg


12498679953_cf322d4ec5_b.jpg


12498679423_6162857f0c_b.jpg


12498553305_4071e3e7c6_b.jpg


12498678663_607b3bdff4_b.jpg


12498678063_f49459e4fe_b.jpg


12498678123_c479cbbc55_b.jpg


12498554985_977d5e99e2_b.jpg


12498676993_7da527d59c_b.jpg


12498678113_976225c5cc_b.jpg


12498676323_61bfea9d63_b.jpg


12498549415_9262d6e11d_b.jpg


 

Similar threads