real time web analytics
Report - - Sheffield Crown Court (Aug 15) | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sheffield Crown Court (Aug 15)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Vulex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This was my first trip proper out of the Greater Manchester area and a first for going with people off this forum. This trip was also one of my favourite explores so far.... So thanks @Dangle_Angle @Lavino and @woopashoopaa.

While in Sheffield we went to a few locations, sadly a few fails. Because of its industrial history there are a lot of great places. Sadly there seems to be a huge drug problem too. I saw more hypodermics yesterday than in my entire life (and ive spend a bit of time in hospitals as a child). Its very unnerving.

History
The building was originally built as a town hall to replace the old town hall in 1807-08 by Charles Watson. By 1897 the building had become to small, so a new town hall was built in another location and this building was extended to became the Sheffield Crown Court and Sheffield High Court.
During the 1990's the courts moved to a new location (pretty much next door) and the building was left vacant and unused.
P1070077.JPG

P1060911.JPG

P1060918.JPG

The main court room
P1060936.JPG

A smaller court room.
P1060951.JPG

Leading to the cells.
P1060959.JPG

A cell with a view.
P1060963.JPG

The cell block.
P1070003.JPG

A cell door.
P1070024.JPG

Somebody's left the lights on.
P1070027.JPG

P1070053.JPG

The clock tower.
P1070063.JPG

This was my favourite part of the whole trip.
P1070067.JPG

If it wasnt for the pigeon crap everywhere, I would of liked to stayed much longer.
P1070055.JPG

Last edited:

Will Knot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
'A drug problem' you say, in a major city :confused: maybe just a couple of isolated cases or just the derps you visited :rolleyes: surely people don't do drugs do they! :eek:

Vulex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Will Knot im probably just nieve, but seeing a pile of at least 30 syringes really knocked me sick. And in another location, pretty much a heroin starter kit. Maybe the more cities I visit, the more desensitised i'll be.

ledgehammer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Will Knot im probably just nieve, but seeing a pile of at least 30 syringes really knocked me sick. And in another location, pretty much a heroin starter kit. Maybe the more cities I visit, the more desensitised i'll be.

It can be quite bad in sheffield, some of the more derpier sites deserve caution imo....

Vulex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Nathanskater123 I wonder if you were one of 3 guys who tried to get in while we were there. Was it a Saturday? I looked out of a window and saw 3 guys trying.