real time web analytics
Report - - Sheffield ROC post, South Yorkshire | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sheffield ROC post, South Yorkshire

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Up-date on Sheffield ROC post:

And it's not good news. Located in a small vegetated area near the Beauchief glof-club car park, it used to be in a poor-ish way, but at least accessible. Cross this one off you list now though. It's had a concrete cap put on the entrance.

50228853703_c82b6c91d0_b.jpg

50229496361_d0da763274_b.jpg

50229714442_76a4276163_b.jpg

I did visit it along time ago, back in the depth of April 2013, when it looked like this:

8658233599_b6070d5d7a_c.jpg

8658234545_2f31731fee_o.jpg

8659340254_0f21917bb0_o.jpg

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
I would think capping it isn't an act of vandalism but rather preservation of life or property, there may be a very good reason for it but I agree its a dam shame for any future visitors and I feel the same, they're wankers for doing it.

After finding one recently myself that was intentionally blocked i got annoyed but then played devils advocate and considered what if it was my/your land, would we leave a big concrete room with rusty access ladders for anyone to fall down or get trapped in, would our insurance cover us if it wasn't locked shut? Farmers can be fined for having open water tanks/holes so there may also be a legality reason.

I think we would lock it up and after that lock was bust off a number of times we would weld it shut then after the whole hatch gets ripped off multiple times and even dissapears we would block it up more perminatley and that is often the story of how roc posts go.
Its just this ones turn to get shut off for a few years until someone takes some tools to it.

Shame, thanks for the update I hadn't done that one yet.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I would think capping it isn't an act of vandalism but rather preservation of life or property, there may be a very good reason for it but I agree its a dam shame for any future visitors and I feel the same, they're wankers for doing it.

After finding one recently myself that was intentionally blocked i got annoyed but then played devils advocate and considered what if it was my/your land, would we leave a big concrete room with rusty access ladders for anyone to fall down or get trapped in, would our insurance cover us if it wasn't locked shut? Farmers can be fined for having open water tanks/holes so there may also be a legality reason.

I think we would lock it up and after that lock was bust off a number of times we would weld it shut then after the whole hatch gets ripped off multiple times and even dissapears we would block it up more perminatley and that is often the story of how roc posts go.
Its just this ones turn to get shut off for a few years until someone takes some tools to it.

Shame, thanks for the update I hadn't done that one yet.

@Scoobysrt I think @Ikilledabunchofpeopleonce was referring to the vandalism pre-capping, but agree with everything you said...

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Oh my bad, my local one (Eccles pike) was blown up but most have succumbed to vandals.
I dont get the whole 'we've found somewhere we can chill, let's wreck it' mentality.

Who has read this thread (Total: 197) View details