real time web analytics
Report - - Sheffield ski village Feb 2017 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sheffield ski village Feb 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Scho264

The Scho
Banned
Had to go as I did ski and snow board here in 2003 ish .

So sad to see how it is so wrecked by the traveling community .
Did go last week but there was a car with 4 rottweiler in so did not fancy sticking around .

DSCF1088_zpspmsez8mc.jpg

DSCF1087_zpsig5bdgof.jpg

DSCF1086_zpsdzkuuznu.jpg

DSCF1085_zpshpwkvory.jpg

DSCF1084_zpszutqio1s.jpg

DSCF1083_zpscy5x0aem.jpg

DSCF1082_zpsqfhmdqmf.jpg

DSCF1081_zps6xga8tfa.jpg

DSCF1079_zpsjvhtngwu.jpg

DSCF1078_zpsjltv9gvy.jpg

DSCF1076_zpsoendprtk.jpg

DSCF1074_zpsxwatrylu.jpg

DSCF1073_zps9exuendt.jpg

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Well done for getting out there :thumb
Bit of advice for future reports, don't put the exact date you visited the place, Feb 2017 would've been sufficient enough :thumb

Scho264

The Scho
Banned
Thanks for the heads up .

Amazing views well worth it .

More fun back in the days snowboarding down the slopes !

The Stig

Urbex = Nosey Bastard
28DL Full Member
I'm more than sure that myself and the other half are the only explorers who been busted here by the past owner's lol such funny times, tried to accused us for breaking and entering, fly tipping and plotting to steal back then the army cars. Just laughed in their faces and walked off. :p
As Mr punk says, well done for getting out there and sharing the latest updates with us. :thumb

Scho264

The Scho
Banned
I'm more than sure that myself and the other half are the only explorers who been busted here by the past owner's lol such funny times, tried to accused us for breaking and entering, fly tipping and plotting to steal back then the army cars. Just laughed in their faces and walked off. :p
As Mr punk says, well done for getting out there and sharing the latest updates with us. :thumb

Wow you got busted ?
Surely was before it was trashed though . Public walkway takes you to the top of the slope , we took the hard way straight up the steep hill on our tip toes using the old slope material as ladders , was fun though . Got to the top and round a family having a picnic with toddlers !!!

Was so strange to go back as the last time I went I was snowboarding and cut my head open on the dangerous material and never went back again.

Don't remember all the building that have been burnt down though .

You went into the car park and up a little hill into a shed like building which was made from wood like a ski lodge for registration before going round the back for your equipment ( outside ).

I couldn't find the old event stands though with was to the left which was above the lodge . Remember his place clearly as the X games was on the day I went .

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Fuck me it really is fucked these days. Such a sad shame but I guess real snow facilities were the death of dry slopes.

Still had an absolutely bonkers time here about 5 years ago when it had dropped about 3ft of real snow overnight.. people in 3 man inflatable boats, tyres, bits of tube.. anything that worked went down the slope. Carnage.

Scho264

The Scho
Banned
Give over, don't blame travellers, that's just complete ignorance.

Nothing against them , but have you actually been to this site in the last few weeks ? I doubt it or you would know where I'm coming from. ( left there filth out of the pics as much as possible )

shackler urbex

28DL Member
28DL Member
I went last summer and it looks like it's had a shit load of crap dumped there since then. Very sorry state.

View from the very top ramp is impressive, did you notice the black petrol can melted to the floor?