real time web analytics
General - - SHETLAND Ops/Tech RAF SAXA VORD WW2 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - SHETLAND Ops/Tech RAF SAXA VORD WW2

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

PHOTOGER

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
With Shetland being the most northerly point of the United Kingdom it made for quite a strong point for monitoring the ocean and areas between there and Norway watching for enemy ships and air craft. Id love to be able to provide you with more information on this specific location but i do believe a quick google search of "A History of RAF Saxa Vord". With being from the Isle myself this are has always been somewhere i have loved exploring over the years! I will admit it is very far out of the scope of 99% of the population of the 28dayslater member but Shetland is rife for Urbexing!

PHOTOGER

_TPC5560.jpg

_TPC5561.jpg

_TPC5567.jpg

_TPC5575.jpg

_TPC5586.jpg

_TPC5592.jpg

_TPC5624.jpg

_TPC5640.jpg

_TPC5644.jpg

_TPC5673.jpg

_TPC5676.jpg

_TPC5677.jpg

_TPC5678.jpg

_TPC5682.jpg

_TPC5683.jpg

_TPC5685.jpg

_TPC5688.jpg

_TPC5693.jpg

hhh

28DL Irregular Member
28DL Full Member
Why don't you just name this site as where it is?
RAF Clett, Whalsay, Shetland Isles.
As the crow flys it is around 35 miles from Saxa Vord to Ward of Clett, if you were going by car it is of course further and involves three ferry crossings.

PHOTOGER

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Why don't you just name this site as where it is?
RAF Clett, Whalsay, Shetland Isles.
As the crow flys it is around 35 miles from Saxa Vord to Ward of Clett, if you were going by car it is of course further and involves three ferry crossings.
Is there anyway to edit a post after it has been posted?

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Only for the first 24 hours, after that you need to drop a message to Admin or use the report button at the bottom of your thread. Ask them to put the month and year of your visit in the title too.

PHOTOGER

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Only for the first 24 hours, after that you need to drop a message to Admin or use the report button at the bottom of your thread. Ask them to put the month and year of your visit in the title too.
Thanks for that ill ask to do that now

PHOTOGER

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I found the "Photoger UrbexUk" logo very distracting and it rather ruins the experience of viewing the pictures. Smaller and in a corner perhaps?
All other images i upload will have no visible watermark after the feed back i have received in regards to them! As for these images i wont be re uploading them without a watermark