Web
Analytics
Report - - Shipburn Primary School, Oxfordshire, July 2020 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Shipburn Primary School, Oxfordshire, July 2020

Ozikkk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi fellow explorers,
Before I actually start describing the experience itself, I've got to say if it wasn't for this forum I would've never gotten into urban exploration.
I and my friend have been doing urbex since late December, either looking through satellite view on Google or looking through actual threads here to see if we can check places that have been found already. I've not made a thread before as I didn't bother until I've visited Shirburn for the second time last night where I actually managed to get some photos.
The last time I visited Shirburn was in late December, we scoured the whole building that time.
The first time we decided to find the school, it was at night to add some spookiness to our outing. It must've taken us a good half an hour figuring where it was but we found it in the end, quiet yet dark atmosphere added to the explore itself. Entering the location didn't prove difficult as it wasn't overgrown then but it was overgrown last night. Either way, here are some photos from the most recent explore. I haven't got any photos from the upstairs as I didn't think it was safe enough to go there as a lot of the ceilings looked rough and I don't wanna die, yet.

The path to the main entrance was a bit overgrown...

This is as far upstairs as we dared to go

Wish there were more places like this in Oxfordshire

Last edited by a moderator:

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
It's pretty solid upstairs considering it's been empty for decades, there's another small school house in Oxfordshire but it's nowhere near as nice as this one. Just a shame it's been tagged in that main room now.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Not a bad 1st report, add some history next report and your be spot on. Im glad you found 28 dl, and decided to contribute. Kudo. Like some of the features here. Dont see many red phone booths anymore either.

Ozikkk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's pretty solid upstairs considering it's been empty for decades, there's another small school house in Oxfordshire but it's nowhere near as nice as this one. Just a shame it's been tagged in that main room now.
Yeah, I didn't want to take any chances. That tag must've been done in the last 7 months as it wasn't there in December. It was pretty clean then.

Ozikkk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not a bad 1st report, add some history next report and your be spot on. Im glad you found 28 dl, and decided to contribute. Kudo. Like some of the features here. Dont see many red phone booths anymore either.
The next report I'll do will definitely have some sort of history attached with it. I'm looking into Foss Cross Railway Station, not sure whether there is much left to see there.