real time web analytics
Report - - Shire Hill Hospital, Glossop - March 2020 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Shire Hill Hospital, Glossop - March 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Small bit of info, been here today and although a Wednesday afternoon I thought it would be a relaxed mooch, wrong.
Around 2.10pm security showed up and wandered the site taking pictures of all the doors, they left at 2.25 so i went in site for a look around.
I could see ways people have been getting in but they were freshly sealed and after badly slicing my hand open on a hole through a window I called it a day after 30 mins of trying to get in.
Walking back down the side road thats off site I got to the front and security were there in the doorway of the first building you see to the right, they watched me walk past then went back inside.
It could be my normal bad luck but thought I would mention it so anyone else going stays vigilant. I would say it has on site security at least during the week and it has regular check ups.

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Small bit of info, been here today and although a Wednesday afternoon I thought it would be a relaxed mooch, wrong.
Around 2.10pm security showed up and wandered the site taking pictures of all the doors, they left at 2.25 so i went in site for a look around.
I could see ways people have been getting in but they were freshly sealed and after badly slicing my hand open on a hole through a window I called it a day after 30 mins of trying to get in.
Walking back down the side road thats off site I got to the front and security were there in the doorway of the first building you see to the right, they watched me walk past then went back inside.
It could be my normal bad luck but thought I would mention it so anyone else going stays vigilant. I would say it has on site security at least during the week and it has regular check ups.
Cheers for the update. Cut your hand at least you were at the right place for such an accident.

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looking at this on google earth there was a big derelict building close by, a brewery I think now gone. Anyone manage it. May have been nothing.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Yea, you can see the remains, not sure what it was but I was going to go look round the buildings still there however there was a police car across the road and a farmer was taking hay bails out of one of the buildings so I left.
Theres actually quite a bit of abandonment in glossop, I did a old factory a few months ago which was a relaxed wander.

Cut my hand in the right place if i had of gotten in lol. Bad time to realise I had taken the first aid kit out the car :(
Even with blood pouring from my hand I went up the road and had a nice look round the resovoir which I enjoyed more than walking round the hospital site lol.

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Always good to get updates. Thanks very much, saves some people travelling. :thumb But we all should know by now, if road tripping it, have several pins, the more backs ups the better

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
I'm only a few miles away, I go to a butcher's in glossop so it wasnt an issue for me, I picked up 2kg of sausages on my way home lol. I learnt years ago to have at least 5 explores in the same area when you go out but even then I've come home empty handed. This day was more about getting away from the house for an hour or two and I just found myself there.

I will add there are cameras at the back as well, the above report must have been done before they were fitted because you can't miss the bright orange/red tubing taking the wires to them across site. From the second i got near the place they knew i was there and were watching me.

If it was worthwhile I would go back at night but to be honest I ignored the cameras, went round the outside of the full site looking through windows including some roof climbs and theres just nothing really there to make me want to go back to get inside, it looked emptier than it does in the above pics.
It feels more of a clinic than a hospital, it seems theres no morgue or operating rooms so its really just dank rooms and empty wards.

Would still have liked to have gotten in but im not going back to retry anytime soon.

The small building on its own at the back felt like it was going to be a chapel but when I got there it is used as a cow shed and I got stuck in mud to my shins, just an empty shell with zero features and full of cow shit, it's not worth looking at it lol.

Last edited:

Zoemilly

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The cameras were there when we went! But you can avoid them if you’re smart enough. If you look on google earth the cameras are clearly there :) we went in broad daylight on the day I put on this post and never had any bother. Just luck of timing I guess

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
By the end I was walking round in front of the cameras anyway but I did try to avoid them at the start lol.
There's one on a stand in the rear car park that seemed to cover across the back and a camera pointing at the catering block seemed to cover the rest of the opposite side. The two on the corner of the building you got in seemed to cover the entrance ways and ajoining roads.
I couldn't see a way to get across from the catering end to the building you got in without being seen.
In the end, as I was on the hill at the back anyway, I just went down to the old chapel/cow shed and carried on down the car park under the camera on its stand thinking one camera picking me up was better than a few of them. At the time my reasoning was they wouldn't be monitored but rather checked if somthing went amiss on site.

With hindsight it didn't feel right when I parked up down the road, I'm used to and prefer night explores so I was out of my comfort zone. Seeing security walking round just as I was about to go onto site spooked me a bit and then getting stuck in a bog all put me off my game a bit and I'm not the best explorer in the world by a long way either lol.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol.
I won't mention the noob I took with me who thought it no problem to walk anywhere and be as noisy as he wanted, live and learn lol.

Edit, now knowing how both recent reports were achieved I don't feel bad at all, it appears i wasn't there at the right time that's all.

Last edited:

manny-explores

28DL Member
28DL Member
nice report I've wanted to explore here for a while i remember visiting my great nan there not long before they shut it down and moved all the patients

Who has read this thread (Total: 494) View details