real time web analytics
Report - - Shopping Mall + Offices in Stockholm - December 2019 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Shopping Mall + Offices in Stockholm - December 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ExploreSweden

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Explored in December 2019.

The shopping mall and offices are scheduled for demolition in 2020 to make room for new apartments.I usually never feel uneasy when exploring, but the people hanging around this area made us uncomfortable. Probably because it's located close to the hoods.

A week ago someone set the front entrance on fire, but the fire department managed to put it out before it spread.

Apologized if the contrast/colors are a bit off, I am having some issues with calibrating my monitors at the moment.

DSC_2052.jpg

DSC_2056.jpg

DSC_2064.jpg
DSC_2078.jpg
DSC_2084.jpg
DSC_2087.jpg
DSC_2098.jpg
DSC_2105.jpg
DSC_2123.jpg
DSC_2132.jpg
DSC_2144.jpg

DSC_2148.jpg

DSC_2152.jpg
DSC_2174.jpg

And a video from the place if anyone is interested:

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I like this, nice to see something different. Nothing wrong with those pics at all!

jtza

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Really like that hall. Plants and trees add to it, nice pics too :thumb

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nothing wrong with them pics. Look fine to me. Good to see something coming out of Sweden urbex-wise and really weird to see such a newish looking building already scheduled for demo.

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
That’s quite a cool shopping mall......loads of light in the main area ,nice :thumb

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Really different. And hello Sweden. You`ve some really nice shots there, nothing wrong with them. Place looks huge. Like this :cool:

ExploreSweden

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm so glad you guys like the pics, I have tons more from Sweden covering everything from the underground to your typical factory. :cool:

really weird to see such a newish looking building already scheduled for demo.
It was built in the 80s, but in a pretty weird location. Surrounding the mall is a big industrial zone with a detached area behind it. The shopping mall also catered more towards people with low income and seeing as the only nearby houses are your typical swedish villa, I can imagine business must've been slow.

As if that wasn't enough, in the mid 90s they started building a new shopping area just across the highway, 2 or 3 kilometers away from this shopping mall. This new shopping haven had better stores and better prices for higher quality products. People probably started ditching the old place for the new one, which led to the downfall.

Last but not least, since there's a big housing crisis in Stockholm I can imagine the owners of the land were paid very highly to demolish the mall and offices for new apartments.

That’s quite a cool shopping mall......loads of light in the main area ,nice :thumb
Yeah, love it when buildings utilize natual light, always look dope!

Really different. And hello Sweden. You`ve some really nice shots there, nothing wrong with them. Place looks huge. Like this :cool:
Hello and thank you! More Sweden will be posted, I can guarantee you that.

Agreed thats pretty cool nicely done!
Thanks!