real time web analytics
General - - should i explore it? what could it be? greenham | Military Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - should i explore it? what could it be? greenham

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

A man called Martyn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
notice the air vents on the personel entrances but there only on one silo!
That particular cruise missile shelter was the QRA or quick reaction alert shelter.

36700823652_7ecf4f184f_o.jpg

the site of the runway.
36037567584_bde27cfdd9_o.jpg

GAMA

logaman

Banned
Banned
Hi peeps couldn't do anything at the base today as was way to active up there! Not sure what's going on at the Gama site but the was trucks loaded with cars going in and out all day! Think it's going to be a night time vist next time hopefully not so active! The company that owns the Gama sit is called flying a services ltd they are the people responsible for no one being able to get any closer that the fences! Will put some pics up tomo there not great but you can see a bit of the site!

logaman

Banned
Banned
hi all here are some pictures i took at the base on wednesday! the amount of cars at the GAMA site is unreal!
I have not given up on entering the site im just working out the best way to do it with the least chance of being kicked out.
Hope you all enjoy the pictures and i will keep everyone updated.

DSCN0166.JPG

DSCN0168.JPG

DSCN0169.JPG

DSCN0170.JPG

DSCN0171.JPG

DSCN0172.JPG

DSCN0173.JPG

DSCN0174.JPG

DSCN0175.JPG

DSCN0176.JPG

DSCN0177.JPG

DSCN0178.JPG

DSCN0179.JPG

DSCN0181.JPG

DSCN0185.JPG

DSCN0193.JPG

DSCN0194.JPG

DSCN0196.JPG

DSCN0197.JPG

DSCN0201.JPG

DSCN0202.JPG

DSCN0203.JPG

DSCN0204.JPG

DSCN0205.JPG

DSCN0206.JPG

DSCN0207.JPG

DSCN0208.JPG

DSCN0209.JPG

DSCN0211.JPG

DSCN0212.JPG

ratty515

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi mate you might find it is just a normal water duct I know certain parts of weapon storage areas and alert areas on airfields have all the manhole covers secured with bars and padlocks

logaman

Banned
Banned
Hi all sorry for the very late update! I have opened the man hole and will up load pictures latter today! I have also found so other interesting places around the site that are related more info to come on the one!

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
That particular cruise missile shelter was the QRA or quick reaction alert shelter.

That's why that bunker is still virtually intact, it's the one the Russians were worried about in particular, and therefore has it's doors down etc so it can be inspected easily as part of the Open Skies Project. BTW I've been in the bunker where this was run from in the UK (it's now unused) but there's still lenses and super-huge-format pictures in there.

Urban vermin

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi all sorry for the very late update! I have opened the man hole and will up load pictures latter today! I have also found so other interesting places around the site that are related more info to come on the one!
What a tease.

robham

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm tempted to head down there tonight now to take a look as the suspense is killing me!

logaman

Banned
Banned
That's why that bunker is still virtually intact, it's the one the Russians were worried about in particular, and therefore has it's doors down etc so it can be inspected easily as part of the Open Skies Project. BTW I've been in the bunker where this was run from in the UK (it's now unused) but there's still lenses and super-huge-format pictures in there.
Hi that bunker is now completely sealed! I'm having problems with my hard drive at the moment and have lost a few pictures I wanted to put up but am going to upload the ones I can in a mo!

Who has read this thread (Total: 264) View details