real time web analytics
General - - should i explore it? what could it be? greenham | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - should i explore it? what could it be? greenham

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

logaman

Banned
Banned
Hi all was up walking round a old disused air base with my wife and kids when we came across what looked like a large man hole cover then we spotted a air vent coming out the ground about a foot away from the cover! the base is now a business park but dose still have a lot of the original buildings there! Ive added a few pictures of the man hole cove and air vent! it did have a bar with 2 padlocks on it for years but some one has cut them off| any one have any ideas what it could be?

DSCN0159.JPG

DSCN0160.JPG

DSCN0161.JPG

DSCN0164.JPG

DSCN0165.JPG

logaman

Banned
Banned
this patch is around 12 foot by 8 foot and is about 12 foot away from the cover and air vent is in between them! they are in the middle of no were on the old base and seem very odd to me that there is a vent there! if there was no vent i would have fort it was just a plain man hole cover but with the vent makes me think it might be more!

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
Isnt there a few underground fuel tanks dotted around in that area, possibly something to do with those.

logaman

Banned
Banned
thanks guys i will be going back up there this week to go in and see what is down there! Im pretty sure its not to do with fuel as they took out most of the fuel tanks and they were located on the other side of the base! im also planing another trip in to the GAMA site theirs one of the 6 main silos that has had the personnel entrance blocked with a BIG concrete block/barrier when all the others have been backfield with dirt! i will try and find a picture to up load

logaman

Banned
Banned
the bottom left bunker that would be the north west bunker if you look close enough has different personnel entrances to the other 5 silos! and that the silo that hasn't been back filed with dirt but blocked with a big concrete barrier! i cant help but think that there is a big part of the base underground there!
1537789379036.jpg

logaman

Banned
Banned
hi peeps i will be going to explore the man hole or whatever it is tomo! i did go up the airbase last night and took some pictures i will up load them for you all to see tomo night!

Lost851

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ooo love this stuff!! Keep us updated mate, love a proper explore. Still need to have a walk around Greenham myself! Can you walk around the bomb stores? Is most of it accessible?

I just found this!! I think this is the set up of the bunker you are talking about with the pedestrian entrance.

Screenshot_20180925-131228_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

logaman

Banned
Banned
hi mattyjcooper thats very much what they look like mate but theirs a lot more under them! have a look on youtube for a video called ()both side of the fence) you might find that interesting. as for access the GAMA site is a NO GO site but you can get in if you have a look around there is prob still some holes in the fence or if you dont mind doing a bit of climbing you can just go over the 3 fences! the run way is is just heath land now and the main base is just used as a business park now!

logaman

Banned
Banned
if you zoom in on the picture you can see the difference

GAMA SITE 2.jpg
1537881569133.png

the bottom left bunker that would be the north west bunker if you look close enough has different personnel entrances to the other 5 silos! and that the silo that hasn't been back filed with dirt but blocked with a big concrete barrier! i cant help but think that there is a big part of the base underground there!
1537789379036.jpg
notice the air vents on the personel entrances but there only on one silo!
if you zoom in on the picture you can see the difference

GAMA SITE 2.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 264) View details