Web
Analytics
Shropshire based Duo - New to the Game, Recommendations! | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Shropshire based Duo - New to the Game, Recommendations!

WhatsAllThisThen?

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello all! Been reviewing this site for a few months and thought I'd make an account and get in on the action.

I'm part of a duo exploring out of Shropshire, very much a pair of pups when it comes to this. Our only real experience is nobbing about on old train lines and that sort of thing.

We did RAF Upwood last week (thanks to a reccomendation I saw on this forum) and now we're looking for more ambitious explores to get stuck in to.

Any suggestions of the Midlands and Wales areas would be greatly appreciated, but we can travel just about anywhere for the right site.

The easier the access, the better, as my pal has sciatica and can't do too much climbing/crawling before they freeze up like a rabbit on headlights.

Thanks!

J

The_Raw

Staff member
Welcome on board. Try typing place names into the search bar and see what pops up. Plenty of stuff over in Wales and I expect quite a few bits around Shropshire as well

tigger

mog
Regular User
"Reviewing the site for months" but haven't bothered reading the sticky posts at the top of the section you posted to.....

WhatsAllThisThen?

28DL Member
28DL Member
Welcome on board. Try typing place names into the search bar and see what pops up. Plenty of stuff over in Wales and I expect quite a few bits around Shropshire as well
Thanks man, I've had a scout through and alot of them are old. Can I be reasonably sure these sites are still open?

WhatsAllThisThen?

28DL Member
28DL Member
"Reviewing the site for months" but haven't bothered reading the sticky posts at the top of the section you posted to.....

That's not very welcoming mate. Just looking for some hot sites that are easily accessible.

The_Raw

Staff member

That is such an unnecessarily unfriendly response @tigger. Be nice to people please. It goes a long way. Think about how offputting that reply might be to somebody who is posting on here for the first time. We were all new on here at some point. You could have made your point in a much more helpful fashion without the sarcasm.

The_Raw

Staff member
Thanks man, I've had a scout through and alot of them are old. Can I be reasonably sure these sites are still open?
Best thing to do is go and see for yourself. Try and have a list of places within easy reach of one another so you have some backups if any of them are fails. Finding out what's there is all part of the fun

Shaun

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Sadly you can never be sure a site is open, I've had times where someone got into the site yesterday and it's already bored up by tomorrow afternoon, it's just the luck of the game.

WhatsAllThisThen?

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to plot out a few sites that are within 15 minutes drive of each other and roll the dice.

Also, don't be hard on tigger, he probably doesn't know that if you don't have an account on this page then your search functions are severely limited

Down and beyond

From the land of the pillar and stall
28DL Full Member
Their is lots in the Midlands if you no where to look keep searching I no it’s hard around their mate it’s where I am from I only do mines which makes it harder but research and keep trying is the key !