Web
Analytics
Report - - Sidebottom Farm or 'War Widows House', Delemere, Nov 2020 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sidebottom Farm or 'War Widows House', Delemere, Nov 2020

Kristy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The war widow's home ❤

Bit of a sad story behind this house... It was once the home to a happily married husband and wife. The husband was a soldier in the war and unfortunately he passed away.

A few years later, his widow then remarried but not long after that she sadly passed away too. Her second husband made a vow to not go upstairs in the home as he wanted to leave his wife's personal possessions untouched so she could be at peace.

The husband fell ill in 2009, moved out of his married home for supported care but never returned. The war widows home now stands alone, leaving the elements to take over. There are some of her possessions still inside but (like most places), they have either been stolen or damaged.

Would like to return here in daylight for better photos, sorry about some of the flashback! (photos were taken on my potato phone haha)

Last edited:

Down and beyond

From the land of the pillar and stall
Regular User
Im not surprised its empty everything is at a strange angle!

Otherwise looks an interesting place though.
Reminds me of walking around a mine half cut look at photos next day then think ya I’ll delete them !

Kristy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

It was actually a suprisingly sturdy house! Apart from one bowing floor
Reminds me of walking around a mine half cut look at photos next day then think ya I’ll delete them !
Sorry is that suppose to be a sarcastic dig? I'm not a photographer by any means but theres no need to be like that towards someone who shares the same hobby as yourself...

Down and beyond

From the land of the pillar and stall
Regular User

Sorry is that suppose to be a sarcastic dig? I'm not a photographer by any means but theres no need to be like that towards someone who shares the same hobby as yourself...
Yes it’s a dig at my mate that’s why I replied to him

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User

Sorry didnt mean to cause offence but said it before someone else did.
Appreciate not everyone is a photographer but its a shame as this could of been an excellent report let down in my opinion by the fact that every pic is at an angle.
Im pretty sure the posting guide states try & keep to level pics etc @chills will be able to confirm

D1697

28DL Member
28DL Member

She did clearly write on the post apologising for the quality of the photos so your comment was pointless as it didnt need pointing out. Lol

Kristy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes it’s a dig at my mate that’s why I replied to him
Okay :)
Sorry didnt mean to cause offence but said it before someone else did.
Appreciate not everyone is a photographer but its a shame as this could of been an excellent report let down in my opinion by the fact that every pic is at an angle.
Im pretty sure the posting guide states try & keep to level pics etc @chills will be able to confirm
Thanks for your constructive criticism. I happen to like the look of my photos taken at a slight angle, always have. I've noticed a lot of people nit pick at numerous posters on here, its really not a big deal.
Would you like me to delete, rotate and re-upload for all your satisfaction? :)

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Okay :)

Thanks for your constructive criticism. I happen to like the look of my photos taken at a slight angle, always have. I've noticed a lot of people nit pick at numerous posters on here, its really not a big deal.
Would you like me to delete, rotate and re-upload for all your satisfaction? :)
Fair enough if you like em, Im lucky I use a lap top so can prop it at an angle to view!

Im not admin so dont want you to do anything with them, but just try to read & oblige with site rules for future posts

cunningcorgi

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I was half expecting to see Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet in some of the shots...

But it is quite an interesting place and you have recorded it so fair play.

Kristy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was half expecting to see Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet in some of the shots...

But it is quite an interesting place and you have recorded it so fair play.
Yeah massive fair play to me, I'll keep in mind how b!tchy, patronising and gate keepy half the members are on here for the future x