real time web analytics
Report - - Sidedraft drain - Manchester - Apr 13 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sidedraft drain - Manchester - Apr 13

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Stopford_lad

foul-mouthed oaf
28DL Full Member
Sidedraft - Manchester​

A year shy of it's 100th birthday, Side-draft is yet another culvert of the Gore Brook.
Part concrete, but mostly brick it boasts quite a few nice little features along the way,
some of which I didn't manage to capture after taking a swim just before the RCP,
thanks mostly to a rather large hole in the floor, and completely soaking the camera

After lurking around the estate for 20 minutes, waiting for the park to clear of scrotes,
we got impatient and carried on wadered up the hilt and dropped in to the brook.

Visited with Marsden1002 and Nickindroy

DSCF5862_zps979a23df.jpg

Looking back out towards the Infall from the 7ft rcp

DSCF5870_zps839c2f03.jpg

Heading downstream, it's fairly slippy underfoot but soon turns into this 'gripper'

DSCF5871_zpsc15083e7.jpg

DSCF5889_zps0521ade1.jpg

As the gripper drops away, we reach the two way split, the left houses a ladder and
manhole, but we take the right and head towards the first of this drains 'features'

DSCF5875_zps10156505.jpg

DSCF5879_zps12d30a5f.jpg

This small, but rather photogenic 2 level inspection chamber

DSCF5893_zps07a14ed7.jpg

DSCF5896_zps097ea6ed.jpg

Carrying on down the right channel, it starts to silt up, and the water turns black

DSCF5897_zps918196bc.jpg

We passed a couple of these on route, trying not to get soaked in the process

DSCF5906_zpse8faf31a.jpg

The right hand channel finally rejoins the left, and the water levels drop once again.

Continuing down stream we came to the 5ft rcp leading into a huge 2 level poop
processor, which is where I decidec to take a swim and completely trash my camera
in the process, anyway I carried on camera-less into the pipe..needless to say it f'ing
stank and was anything but dry.

I shall return to complete my visit, but for today that's all folks !

Thanks for looking :thumb

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details