real time web analytics
Report - - Sidedraft Induction, Manchester - May 09 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sidedraft Induction, Manchester - May 09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

concreteJungle

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Sidedraft is one of the culverts of the Gore Brook, its mostly brick with some concrete thrown in for good measure. Finally got a dslr so was a bit of a road test for it.

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

From going under the grill the water level was quite low, but managed to dam up at the end where the tunnel split in two. Rotting leaf mulch released stinking gas under foot, so I moved on taking the tunnel on the right.

IMG_0652.jpg

Water poured from the roof at regular intervals making passage damp

IMG_0609.jpg

Split level side chamber upto a manhole

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

The two tunnels joined back up into a nice big brick arched one.

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

A large sidepipe lead to the CSO chamber

IMG_0644_2.jpg

Which was pretty big

IMG_0621.jpg

Upto the right is a large concrete penstock that allows the turdy flow to be diverted into the culvert.

IMG_0620.jpg

Up on the second level with penstock controls at the end

IMG_0622.jpg

Other side of the diverting penstock. There were two, the other one stops flow into the sewer channel that goes under the chamber. There's a huge pipe the channel goes into, not sure why this is needed as the feed pipe is allot smaller. Didn't get a photo but would be interesting to get down there a see what's to be found.

IMG_0631.jpg

Back down the culvert saw a water rat, which I tried to chase while getting me camera back out and failed miserably. The floor is full of pot holes, the water then gets deeper leading to the outfall

IMG_0640.jpg

Turned back at this point and went back down taking the other tunnel on the way back, nothing of note to be found. The photos could do with some improving, but will come with time hopefully as I learn the new camera. More here

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details