real time web analytics
Report - - Silica Bricks Ganister Mine, Sheffield, November 2017 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Silica Bricks Ganister Mine, Sheffield, November 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Baskham

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, I’ve come across your report after stumbling across this mine myself with a few friends. We’ve been in once before but this time there is now some sort of device chained to the entrance of the second chamber. Is seems to be some sort of sensor, maybe motion or gas? We don’t know so this is our second mine exploration. It is linked via cable to a large battery pack looking thing. Do you know mich else about what this could be? It has appeared working the last

Baskham

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Interesting! Do you have a pic? My first instinct is to say that it could be some kind of bat detector as I’ve recently seen one of those in another tunnel elsewhere.
Sorry, I’m new to this forum. I didnt mean to post my comment again aha. I don’t have clear pics but I am maybe going back up sometime this week so can take clearer pictures. The camera itself is about 10cm long and 2/3cm wide with the lens being 1cm wide max. Also couldn’t see any glass so must be infra red or something?

Dirge the sergal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yep was thinking the same.
Ok. I've just spoken to southyorkshire bats group. It's one of theirs.

They are a hobbyist group so there us no risk to the mine.

They are monitoring the autumn swarming of the bats and seem very pleasant to talk to.

So if everyone could leave the equipment be, though it is fine to be around so long as it's not actually moved

Last edited:

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User

They are monitoring the autumn swarming of the bats and seem very pleasant to talk to.

So if everyone could leave the equipment be, though it is fine to be around so long as it's not actually moved

Nice detective work :)

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member

Yer good work,be interesting to see what they find

Baron Risible

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It is definitely a bat roost, we saw them, few years ago now. Hibernating from maybe October so be careful not to disturb.