real time web analytics
Video - - Silverlands Children's Orphanage | Urban Exploring Videos | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video - Silverlands Children's Orphanage

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

THE EXPLORE:

I know about this from i started expolering from 3 years ago and it lookied lovey from the picters but seeing it in person is something els
i got told how to geting in by my friend @Chloe Explores and i was off to it when i expolerd a 3 millon pound house a hour before and i was in there for 2 hours
and saw so menny urban explores inside and some of them knew me from YouTube and i left the way i come in and went on to my 3rd location of the day

HISTORY:

Built as a private house, the building was used as a war hospital in the First World war, from 1938 was the home of the Actors' Orphanage for "destitute children of actors and actresses" and later became a nurses' training school for St Peter's Hospital
THE ONCE MAGNIFICENT ORPHANAGE THAT HAS BEEN LEFT TO ROT AFTER IMPRESSIVE 200 YEAR HISTORY
1814 - The original large country house was built by local brewer Robert Porter.
1820 - Silverlands was rebuilt by Vice-Admiral Sir Frederick Hotham and Silverlands was the Hotham family home until around 1887. 1896 - The Actors' Orphanage was started by Kittie Carson at Croydon and was established as the Actors' Orphanage Fund in 1912. 1915 -

The orphanage moved to Langley Hall, Berkshire, and in 1934, Noël Coward became President of the charity 1938 - The charity moved its orphanage to Silverlands in Chertsey, Surrey. 1940 - The children living in the home were evacuated to the Edwin Gould Foundation in New York, USA. 1941 - Some of the buildings became a female nurse’s school for the nearby Botley Park Asylum and St Peter’s Hospital. 1945 - The children returned to Silverlands after the end of World War II. The orphanage ran alongside the nures's school.
1956 - Sir Laurence Olivier took over as President of the charity with Richard Attenborough as his Deputy.
1958 - The cost of major repairs needed to the building, the declining numbers of children at the home resulted in a decision to close Silverlands as an orphanage. 1990 - Silverlands Nursing School amalgamated with other schools of nursing to become the Francis Harrison College of nursing and midwifery. Late nineties - The probation service was looking at taking over Silverlands as a clinic for paedophiles.The proposals were met by strong opposition from local people who organised a candle lit vigil in protest. 2002 - The Ministry of Justice announced that Silverlands was no longer being considered for the clinic. Silverlands was built as a large country house in 1849 by local brewer Robert Porter in Chertsey, Surrey It was rebuilt by Vice-Admiral Sir Frederick Hotham in 1820 and became the Hotham family home

The Actors' Orphanage, backed by Noel Coward, moved to Silverlands in 1938 and remained for 20 years The property was also used as a nursing school to train staff for a local hospital and nearby asylum In 2002 plans to turn the abandoned property into a clinic for paedophile were blocked by the local community It has remained empty ever since and these images show how the once grand building is rotting and decaying Large country house, later orphanage and finally nurses training school. Rebuilding of a house built by a local brewer Robert Porter after 1814 in the 1820s by Vice Admiral Sir Henry Hotham with circa 1845 and later C19 extensions and early C20 Classical style entrance lobby and library added probably by Sir John Brunner who lived here between 1907-8 and 1919. EXTERIOR: Earliest part appears to be east front which could incorporate some early C19 remains in the northern part but otherwise appears of c1845.

This is of stock brick with stone dressings and hipped slate roof Centre part is of three storeys: 5 windows. Windows are sashes with mid C19 central glazing bars only to upper floors and later Classical style entrance lobby and library added probably by Sir John Brunner who lived here between 1907-8 and 1919. Mainly yellow brick but some brown brick with stone dressings and entrance lobby and library are of stone. Slate roofs One, two or three storeys, irregular fenestration. Plan is 3 sides of a courtyard withb further service courtyard attached to west. INTERIOR: Entrance hall has elaborate early C20 Neo-Georgian panelling with full-height panels, putti with swags, and fasces and swag panel above striped and checked marble fireplace. Elaborate early C20 main staircase has elaborate carved oak balustrading and square newel posts with carved swags

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
it seems you have posted this twice though this lacks the photos which are included in your other post. Maybe ask @admin @Ojay to delete this post for you?