real time web analytics
Report - - Six Arches Bridge (Railway Viaduct) - Ackworth - West Yorkshire (April 2015) | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Six Arches Bridge (Railway Viaduct) - Ackworth - West Yorkshire (April 2015)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

AndyBagles

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is my first post, so it's nothing too interesting, but it's good start. I took a walk down to the Six Arches Bridge in Ackworth not too long ago. I'm pretty sure that Trains do still go across here so I didn't get onto the lines. However, I did go up on the hills beside it. Saw some Graffiti and Beer Cans so I imagine it must be a regular spot for groups of lads.

History
The Six Arches Bridge is named after the distinctive six arches that it possess that cross over the river went. It carries the Pontefract to Rotherham line. Ackworth did used to have a station, but it was shut down and demolished. The goods sheds still remain and have been converted into a private residence, and at least one can be viewed from the main road - across from where the Rustic Arms is.

Pictures were taken on my Samsung Smart Phone, but subsequent entries on here will be taken on my Canon Powershot SX170

Pictures
20150409_193511 (1).jpg
20150409_193537 (1).jpg

I particularly like this shot, the low DOF really adds to an otherwise normal scene

20150409_193729.jpg

The sunset was pretty nice to watch also
20150409_194023.jpg
20150409_194545.jpg
20150409_195120.jpg

The other side of the Bridge.

Overall, it was an nice experience. Wasn't really too much to see, but it was good as an introduction to the basics of Urbex (and some of the possible dangers - I did slip down the hill once :L)

Last edited:

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Look it at the bottom of you're original post, you'll see edit. That's where you can do it, also put a date (as in month and year)

Miss Mayhem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi AndyBagles, if you are struggling read the forum FAQs to guide you,
Members will also give you pointers and advice. ;)
Nice first report, looking forward to seeing some more stuff :thumb

Ellam86

28DL Member
28DL Member
Nice report of some where relatively local to me. Spent many a night down there. The line is used but not sure which train line uses it now.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
OMG.........This has to be the worst :turd ever posted on 28 and that"s saying something :banghead

It"s nearly as bad as saying "Good Report" :rolleyes: :rtfm

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
I'm slightly confused by this. Some nice sunset shots. However wouldn't really consider this an explore per say. But Atleast you got a report up and getting out there. 2 pics of a wall is deffo an odd choice.