real time web analytics
Report - - Ski Village - Sheffield - April 2014 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ski Village - Sheffield - April 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

super nerris

On A Mission....
28DL Full Member
Sheffield Ski Village - April 2014

Hey there fellow explorers,

This one documents my very first outing as a novice urban explorer, any constructive tips or comments would be welcome, please go easy on me!!

A friend and I visited a few sites prior to settling on the Ski Village, we'd thought it would be a easy site to start off with having seen previous posts on 28DL. We wanted to show how much the site has deteriorated since the previous post from February 2013. We were quite surprised by the results...

Looking forward to visiting other sites in and around Sheffield

History:

From Wikipedia
“Sheffield Ski Village was an artificial ski slope complex in the Parkwood Springs area of Sheffield, England until destroyed by fire in 2012. It was believed to be the largest artificial ski resort in Europe[1] with a sports shop, bar, restaurant and a range of slopes which include a snowflex nursery slope, a dendix recreational slope and a freestyle park consisting of a half pipe, hip jump, kicker, a quarter pipe and various grind rails.”

Thanks for looking:)

_DSC0091_zps820462a7.jpg

_DSC0128_zpsd2a3d346.jpg

_DSC0121_zps3184b4a8.jpg

_DSC0117_zpse56de762.jpg

_DSC0116_zpsfff1f196.jpg

_DSC0107_zpse158860e.jpg

_DSC0103_zps30a4c8da.jpg

_DSC0100_zps3bee1797.jpg

_DSC0096_zps66db188d.jpg

Many Thanks

Until next time.....

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
This is one of those places that has little to photograph, and that we have probably seen too often - and TBH I expected it to be bin worthy - but actually you have dragged some good shots out of the place, nice one :thumb

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice sunny Sheffield day for it :)

The selective DOF adds to the dump

Last time i was there a lad broke his leg within 10 minutes trying to ride a piece of wood down the slope lol

According to Look North the other week it"s a toss up between the developers building houses on the land WTF??? or as Sheffield Council still own the land (they said ?) building a new Ski Centre. Probably spurred on since the Winter Olympics success we had.

The lass from Sheff" was interviewed by some bloke saying obviously her results were due too having use of a dry Ski slope in Sheffield..............."No it was burnt down 2 years ago"! was the reply :D

Maybe they won"t build out of Wood next time ? even the 3 little Pigs worked that one out.........eventually :)

super nerris

On A Mission....
28DL Full Member
Thanks Styru,

Yes your right wasn't as much there as I would of hoping for.

Was a bit of a busy day started with two of my favourite places, Hallam towers and George Barnsley & Son but did not have much luck.

Can't wait to get out and see more places now, I see Sheffield has many hidden treasures to offer!

Thanks again for your feedback.

super nerris

On A Mission....
28DL Full Member
Yes it was a lovely day!!

That does not surprise me, there were a couple their when we arrived rolling old tires from the top of the hill, luckily was not hit by any, haha.

I remember the place from my childhood, had some great times up there, it's kind of sad to see the place in it's current state, would love to see this place rebuilt!!

Marsden1002

Love it!
28DL Full Member
Some good photos considering what's left!

They have one of these in llandudno complete with toboggan run!

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
Ive been going down slopes on a car bonnet recently. Ive modded it to do so, great fun. Was going to go here but the dendix has been buggered by some prick.

georgie

He Never Even Got There
28DL Full Member
i suppose this is one of them places people get piste off with seeing lol

joking aside well done on getting out some nice shots too!

Infinity

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice shots pal. Deffinately worth a go for your first report. It's changed a lot since my last visit last year.

I heard that it's the owner of the land that wants to build houses as he will make more money it but the council want to rebuild the village. See link Residents back Sheffield ski slope hope for ?wasteland? site - The Star

Let me know if your keen for a snoop anywhere Super Nerris, had hallam towers on my list for a while!

Will Knot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A real shit hole and not worth the effort :rolleyes:.....until I saw your pics and you have done a great job of a sunny stroll over the hill :) Nice pics there and thanks for sharin' :thumb

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
best thing about that place was playing on the rope slide... albeit getting pelted with snowballs mid-flight... :D

Nice pictures there.... not an awful lot to take a photo of, but youve done well there :thumb

Tobin22

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I used to go here as a kid every Saturday with the Sharks Ski Club, so I also hate seeing this place in such a state! Gonna check this place out when i'm next in Sheff, plan on doing the courts some time soon.

Owlz

28DL Member
28DL Member
I worked there for 2 years, right up until it burnt down, I was living at the bottom of the hill at the time and woke up at 5am to see it burning down, I haven't been up since the week after it's been burnt. Nice pics.