real time web analytics
Report - - Skipsea ROC post june 2013 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Skipsea ROC post june 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

urbanadvantage

Overtly Covert
28DL Full Member
Stumbled upon this while in the area working, along with some pill boxes, apparently the post has been restored and has alot of genuine kit that the owner has bought, and IS NOT STORED IN THE POST WHEN NOT OPEN, unfortunatly the post had its locks cut last year and was broken into, fortunatly nothing was down there of value or use to the would be theives.
The post first opened in 1959 and closed in 1991, when the ROC was disbanded, there is a WW2 aircraft observation post a few feet away.

The post was closed when i visited, but after speaking to staff at mr moos ice cream parlour just up the road, i found out that the owner is the farmer who owns the parlour, and if enough notice is given you can contact them to open it up for a look.
will be getting in touch in the near future for a return visit, it was over grown when i visited and got stung to death on my legs taking the pics, so i hope they are apreciated.
They have a face book page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Skipsea-ROC-Post/122809631129076

1_zpsa55f2159.jpg

2_zpse24f4be5.jpg

3_zpsfc6e41a1.jpg

4_zpsd1308d05.jpg

5_zps221fa71e.jpg

6_zps20541ee1.jpg

7_zpsaa46904e.jpg

8_zps440bd077.jpg

9_zps92dedf4d.jpg

thanks for taking the time.

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User

This was back in 2010 when it was opened up for the day. I’ve no idea of the state of the place now but I guarantee the stuff isn’t left down there.

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I was staying nearby in 2018 and popped by. It looked to still be maintained, wasn't overgrown and the information signs etc were still there.

A visit to Mr Moo's is definitely recommended, really nice ice cream. :cool: