Web
Analytics
Slacklining- Howto's, Q's and Pic's | Urban Community Portal | Page 9 | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Slacklining- Howto's, Q's and Pic's

Montstar

28DL Member
Regular User
Just bought a slackline and went out for the first time this weekend. Amazing fun!

However, I've noticed that a lot of people walk the line with their toes facing forward (like a tight-rope walker would) but I find it so much easier to turn my feet (both facing the same way) to the line and almost walking sideways. Is there a right/wrong way or is it just what feels comfortable?!

Cheers! :thumb

Last edited:

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
Regular User
Just bought a slackline and went out for the first time this weekend. Amazing fun!

However, I've noticed that a lot of people walk the line with their toes facing forward (like a tight-rope walker would) but I find it so much easier to turn my feet (both facing the same way) to the line and almost walking sideways. Is there a right/wrong way or is it just what feels comfortable?!

Cheers! :thumb
addictive isnt it :thumb

facing sideways is harder, you may have more confidence placing a foot down at 90deg to the line, and its maybe easier to fall smoothly when your facing both feet the same way like that, but it is a lot harder to balance on the line with both feet pointing the same way. Get out of the habit now it will hinder your progress. some people point the feet completely forward, and some at a bit of an angle so there is some leeway, but both at 90deg to the line isnt the way forward.

keep looking towards the end of the line, bend your knees slightly, and relax :)

goan

Chatbox Retard
Regular User
addictive isnt it :thumb

facing sideways is harder, you may have more confidence placing a foot down at 90deg to the line, and its maybe easier to fall smoothly when your facing both feet the same way like that, but it is a lot harder to balance on the line with both feet pointing the same way. Get out of the habit now it will hinder your progress. some people point the feet completely forward, and some at a bit of an angle so there is some leeway, but both at 90deg to the line isnt the way forward.

keep looking towards the end of the line, bend your knees slightly, and relax :)
And dont fall off!

L'Amore

28DL Member
28DL Member
tl;dr: Buying a slackline?, look for lorry ratchet straps + a few slings (check handystraps.co.uk as a starting place)

New to this forum but thought i would chuck in my opinion.
SAVE SOME CASH :D
If you are wanting to buy a slackline...dont search for a slackline. Branded slacklines are overpriced and although branded ones do come with extras that are usefull like bag and tree protectors and sometimes have cool graphics, to be honest, its not worth the extra cost. You are just paying extra needlessly

Handystraps.co.uk is were i got mine, just a simple ratchet strap for a lorry, and 2 slings. Sling round trees and binas through the loops and hook the strap to the binas, far more versitile i have found that other ratchet slacklines. Grab some carpet samples from any carpet store (usually free) if you want to protect trees and have a mat to step on before step on the line to keep it clean.
Plush carpet picks off more dirt and its comfier to sit on as a mat when you aren't on the line.