real time web analytics
Question - - Slide and negative scanners any recommendations? | Photography and Video Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Slide and negative scanners any recommendations?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Session9

A life backwards
28DL Full Member
I am looking at getting a slide and negative scanner, including scanning 110 film.
Do any members have any recommendations or advise please? Ideally like to spend less than £50.

m9

big in japan
Regular User
Get one of the epson flatbeds with a slide and neg holder. They're absolutely excellent and you're not going to find anything better until you start paying about a grand.

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
I've got an Epson Perfection 4490 (ebay example) that I've had about 6/7 years or so, and hasn't let me down yet. Comes with a mask to hold 2 strips of 6 35mm frames, as well as mounted slides. You can purchase negative carriers for 110 and 120 too.

It's a large unit, but will give you a lot more options for high resolution scanning than the little stand alone things, and allow you to scan different formats, as well as normal reflective scanning.

mrwhite

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
or use ur laptop/desktop set to the brightest on white background, then photo them and edit in photoshop..

Mr Beady

Beards
28DL Full Member
Mcgeorge still has my cheapish German film snanner can't remember the make but found that at that sort of price range the scans are only good for a back up.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member

Session9

A life backwards
28DL Full Member
The flatbed Epsom scanners look like a good buy - cheers guys.
As well as 35, I also have a mountain of 110 film I would like to scan. I am no expecting miracles with the 110, but any suggestions with improving images without spending the rest of my life on Photoshop?