Web
Analytics
Slightly older man from the West Midlands | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Slightly older man from the West Midlands

craigbenson

Different is better than better
28DL Full Member
Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself and ask a question if it's OK.

My name is Craig, I'm a 60 year old married man from Sandwell in the West Midlands. I enjoy vlogging and photography, but just lately, I have found myself getting more and more interested in Urban Exploring.

Are there any 'older' people out there who would like to get together for a bit of exploring? I am more than willing to travel a reasonable distance, but would also like to explore my local area.

I know this tends to be a young persons hobby, but I'm not dead yet, so I'd like to give it a go!

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks

Attachments

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Welcome along to 28DL :thumb

I think you'll be surprised how many of the active members are closer to your age than the teenagers most perceive to be urban explorers. Think the young ones attention span is too short sometimes and soon find something else cool to do ;)

Get a couple of reports submitted and sure folk will be more than willing to meet up.

Yorrick

28DL Regular User
Regular User
What does age matter? At 50 I'm closer to your age than I am to my usual exploring buddies (21, 26 and I think 28) (How old are you @Punk?)
There's a fair few explorers in the Leicester area and mostly they're younger than us and good company.
As TLR says, get a report or two up to show you're genuine and you'll be welcome, everyone is.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Hello and welcome.

Age isn't an obstacle or barrier. There's a story about a French pensioner who dug out a half mile long emergency exit to a fort.

Salmon

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I find being older an advantage. It confuses security to see a middle aged person although the couple of times we have been caught they ask if the friend I explore with is my son. :rolleyes:

craigbenson

Different is better than better
28DL Full Member
Thank you everyone for all of your humorous and helpful replies. It's nice to know that there are 'older' Urban Explorers on here. I look forward to sharing my first reports with all of you. I do have a couple of final questions through (if you could help)

1) Can I submit photographs and/or video?
2) I am not sure of the basic 'rules' of Urban Exploring (what to do, what not to do!) Can someone point me to a link or similar where I can gen myself up :)

Thanks again

Craig

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
You can submit photos and videos, however even the youth don't manage to make good ones - 20 minutes of crap usually which could have been condensed into a couple of minutes of crap instead :D

Basic rules are enjoy, don't break anything on the way in or force doors / windows. Don't nick anything, spray your name / tag all over the place, set fire to the building and smile sweetly to the security guard or police man when asked to leave.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Basic rules are enjoy, don't break anything on the way in or force doors / windows. Don't nick anything, spray your name / tag all over the place, set fire to the building and smile sweetly to the security guard or police man when asked to leave.
That's where I've been going wrong all these years then, Thanks for the advice :thumb