real time web analytics
Report - - Slim Pickings, Manchester - August 2014 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Slim Pickings, Manchester - August 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User

Visited with concreteJungle.

Ever since spotting this overflow from the Work 6 sewer on an old North West Water map, I was curious to know what this drain had to offer.
concreteJungle and I visited the outfall from this CSO on a walk along the Medlock a couple of years back. Sadly a heavy duty grille was guarding the impressive two metre tunnel.
Earlier this year after further research, concreteJungle revisited the drain with Gone and they were successful in getting to see what visual treats this drain had to offer.
I had been looking forward to seeing this for myself ever since, so after checking out the new work at SSSI we headed over to this brick built beauty.
The brickwork in here is amazing and is very pleasing to the eye, I could spend ages in this place!

15140101902_21bfb52a53_b.jpg

15137522431_45979b0c1b_b.jpg

14953833100_d34263f03c_b.jpg

14953921278_9c30571762_b.jpg

15140478465_9bb7fac3f4_b.jpg

Last edited:

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
It's a beaut and some great pics TheVicar

I budged *that lid* a year ago but never walked the ridiculous length of pipe, snooze I lose eh ;)

You can drop in right above it easy enough though, and I'm not buying it for one min you squeezed that grille :p:

concreteJungle

28DL Regular User
Regular User
You've captured that nicely TheVicar, stark contrast between the old brick and the new of the previous day.

OJ, after going to the trouble of budging a lid like that why would you not walk up a 2m pipe.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
OJ, after going to the trouble of budging a lid like that why would you not walk up a 2m pipe.

I didn't fancy explaining to plod why I was carrying a 5ft pry bar at the time, besides the lid near Walmart is a lot easier ;)

Who has read this thread (Total: 7) View details