real time web analytics
Report - - Slop Pail, Bury - March 14 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Slop Pail, Bury - March 14

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

My name is Jeff
28DL Full Member
Revisit with a better camera.

A little bit different this time, as the easy access now has a housing estate above it. We have been in the past, but only with a digital camera, I wanted to try and document this amazing and pretty long double culvert better this time round, as its only a 10 minute walk from my house :D

After choosing probably the worst way in, we dropped in a manhole that was probably 7 feet onto slippy flooring, no ladders at all. Climbing back out was also interesting. A mixture of slippy and steamy but a really fun few hours underground!

The 'top' of the drain starts with the Walshaw Brook rolling through, down lots of of RCP but with a few brick sections. There are a lot of inspection chambers for a rest, as the sections in between are stoopy. Thankfully it seems to have been cleaned out a bit since they built above it.

This then reaches a very stoopy section which opens up into amazing stonework, complete with mineral buildup. The Elton Brook infalls from the right, through a short RCP section, and downstream is the bucket on a rope. It soon gets real misty, through a lot of red brickwork sections, eventually leading to a very stoopy coit where we saw a monster perch, but sadly had to end our journey. I apologise for the mist in some of the pictures, but it was picking up some of the torchlight.

Walshaw Brook infall

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

Elton Brook joining the Walshaw Brook

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

Construction Shaft.. oh how i wish I had a wider angle lens :(

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

We tried to carry the ladders for an easy climb back out but they wouldnt fit round the corners, going upstream :crazy

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

6f40bce8-198a-4fbf-9b47-9dca43b5da4b.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Good to see again, it gets real deep after that last pic as I found out a few year back :D

Moose

My name is Jeff
28DL Full Member
Good to see again, it gets real deep after that last pic as I found out a few year back :D

I saw the picture haha, you're crazy! I took 2 steps forward, and started sinking into the silt rather quickly :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details