real time web analytics
Question - - SLR advice | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - SLR advice

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Vulex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My parents have decided while theyre able to afford it they want to spoil me this year at christmas and buy me a proper camera. Ive been using a 9 year Panasonic bridge and haven't got a clue about lenses and all the other things that go with it. Im looking at £200-400 with a lense I think.
Ive brought a magazine and started to read around but there is so much its hard to know where to start.

Im thinking maybe the Nikon 3300. But any buying advice and information is welcome.

Vertigo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You will get a lot more bang for your buck if you get second hand first. That way more pennies for lenses in the future I have got a canon 550d with 18-130mm lenses I bought off eBay for £250 and it does me brilliant.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Always a tough question on a budget
If you"re used to Panny, you could do worse than getting a Panny G5?G6 Very cheap ATM with kit kens, it"s output is on par with many so called DSLRs & if you"re used to a Camera that old it"l blow yr socks off !

IMO there"s no point suggesting an older model Camera to fit into your low price limit (over the above) as newer camera sensors will piss all over them, & especially in low light conditions.And if you"ve been using an old Bridge camera with a small sensor you"ll know all about low image quality.

Canon users will say Canon & Nikon users will say Nikon. So i"ll say Sony :thumb

i"d suggest something with an articulated screen will come in more handy than a fixed one for this Shit, speaking from exp"

Good luck

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice review, amazon loves it too.
@ACID- REFLUX

I have the G1/G2/G3/G5/GH3 & most of the lenses not that i use them anymore (the GF does) i shoot Sony

You need to have a play with Cameras to see if the ergonomics suit you, button layout/ grip etc etc even if the cameras output is sufficient for what you require, if it dos not feel good in the hands you won"t get the best out of it...fact.

Vulex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have the G1/G2/G3/G5/GH3 & most of the lenses not that i use them anymore (the GF does) i shoot Sony

You need to have a play with Cameras to see if the ergonomics suit you, button layout/ grip etc etc even if the cameras output is sufficient for what you require, if it dos not feel good in the hands you won"t get the best out of it...fact.

A bit like a guitar in that respect. Maybe its best I go to a camera shop, rather than use online shops and have a demo/play.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A bit like a guitar in that respect. Maybe its best I go to a camera shop, rather than use online shops and have a demo/play.

Yes ;)
No substitute for being hands-on mate.

You need a Jessops or big Currys/PC World unless yr near WEX/Park/Harrisions etc etc for a broad range

Lavino

28DL Full Member

Don't be turning up with the guitar instead of the camera lol

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
IMO there"s no point suggesting an older model Camera to fit into your low price limit (over the above) as newer camera sensors will piss all over them, & especially in low light conditions.And if you"ve been using an old Bridge camera with a small sensor you"ll know all about low image quality.

There's still plenty of people on here use the Nikon D40. By the time you have reduced your image size four-fold, you'll never know the difference.

I would buy a second-hand body and second-hand wide angle lens.

Vulex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Lavino if I brought a guitar with us on explores, id never get any pictures taken. Id be finding the best room for natural reverb. I bet Joeys has some great rooms for sounds... especially that chapel.

@Oxygen Thief Theres a camera shop in southport that my mum gets her stuff from, shes keen to take me there and they sell 2nd hand stuff. I will have a mouch.

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details