Web
Analytics
Report - - Small House - Fleet, Lincolnshire (Sept '17) | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Small House - Fleet, Lincolnshire (Sept '17)

Zen1991

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I couldn't find any history on this place, it's just a small house that's been burnt and forgotten. This one is only 10 minutes away from me and its known by a lot of the local young people so it's been trashed, but since it was so close we thought we'd go take a look at it anyway. Finding it was pretty easy (even with the vague directions we were given by a family member) and I have added to the location map on here.

It didn't take us long to explore this house, it only has a kitchen, living room, side room, bathroom and an out house but it was still nice to have a look around. There has been a fire, so there isn't any access to the upstairs.

On to the photos, this was one of the first place we went to at night and I was still getting used to the focus on the camera, so some of these picture's did come out a bit fuzzy.

37116524502_b5216f5d2a_b.jpg

37098194656_6c279997b8_b.jpg

36451409144_d95f324f16_b.jpg

37289027355_5f9e6e0d7c_b.jpg

36451324334_97fab55f83_b.jpg

36451299694_bdd55f8026_b.jpg

37146261121_f1a34d0a1f_b.jpg

37288973225_a3aae25cc0_b.jpg

36891116940_29be668022_b.jpg

37116325262_9fd3d62676_b.jpg

36474640563_dd28417b0d_b.jpg

37116297102_34a613f671_b.jpg

Zen1991

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If your that bothered dont view the post, why feel the need to criticize the photos of a beginner thanks for the confidence

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Firstly you need to view the post to see the pictures! Secondly I just don't think what you got there merited a report. You are never going to be able to get much from a burnt out derp at night. Why not save your first report for something a bit more interesting?

Zen1991

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Firstly you need to view the post to see the pictures! Secondly I just don't think what you got there merited a report. You are never going to be able to get much from a burnt out derp at night. Why not save your first report for something a bit more interesting?
First report? It isn't my first one, it's actually my fifth & Im not liking the term of 'derp house' it's an abandoned building isn't it? It's someone's home and history thats been left to decay, i found that more interesting than some of the RAF bases I've visited that are now just big empty concrete buildings with almost everything stripped away.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
First report? It isn't my first one, it's actually my fifth & Im not liking the term of 'derp house' it's an abandoned building isn't it? It's someone's home and history thats been left to decay, i found that more interesting than some of the RAF bases I've visited that are now just big empty concrete buildings with almost everything stripped away.
OK - no need to be so defensive. The point that you can't get away from is that from a photographic perspective it isn't that great a place, especially at night. Not a reflection of your photographic skills. So not a criticism of your photography.

EDIT: oh, yeah - not your first report. I remember now - you were the one that PM'ed me about a certain location in the area.

Last edited:

Zen1991

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
OK - no need to be so defensive. The point that you can't get away from is that from a photographic perspective it isn't that great a place, especially at night. Not a reflection of your photographic skills. So not a criticism of your photography.
I'll maybe take a trip back in the day considering the close location and see if I can get some better photos, I've gotten a lot more used to the camera since this visit as well. Thank you that comment was more helpful than your first one. I also posted this incase anyone local was looking for small explores especially if they're just starting urban exploring, it's a small location with easy access.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I'll maybe take a trip back in the day considering the close location and see if I can get some better photos, I've gotten a lot more used to the camera since this visit as well. Thank you that comment was more helpful than your first one. I also posted this incase anyone local was looking for small explores especially if they're just starting urban exploring, it's a small location with easy access.
OK - apologies, fair do's....there's a learning curve with everything

Yorrick

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Im not liking the term of 'derp house'
Derp is just a contraction of derelict and place (in the same way that urbex is a contraction of urban and exploring.) Not an insult, more a statement of fact
Well done for getting out there and at least you didn't just post exterior shots.

Zen1991

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Derp is just a contraction of derelict and place (in the same way that urbex is a contraction of urban and exploring.) Not an insult, more a statement of fact
Well done for getting out there and at least you didn't just post exterior shots.
Thanks for explaining that, it did sound like an insult to me at first.
Thank you, it was a small location on the way to somewhere else, one we knew wouldn't take too long to explore.