real time web analytics
Report - - Small underground room - Bidston deep shelters, Wirral, Jan 2015 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Small underground room - Bidston deep shelters, Wirral, Jan 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

T-Dawg

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is my first post so I hope I've done everything right.

Bidston's tunnels have been closed for a while now and were used as air raid shelters. They weren't always sealed though, for years they were open for any explorer to freely walk in but due to them being unsafe they were closed and now a load of concrete prevents anyone from getting in.

I have yet to get inside the tunnels but when exploring the area I came across a small underground room. I don't know what it was used for and it doesn't seem to actually connect to the tunnels but I'm guessing it has something to do with them.

The underground room is only a few metres long and has 2 tiny rooms round the corners at the bottom. In the first 2 pics I was standing in the same place so it shows how small it is. Might visit again and get some better pics but for now I have these.

IMG_9954.jpg

IMG_9955.jpg

Bad photo but it shows what's round the corner.
IMG_9956.jpg

TenStop

28DL Member
28DL Member
This is my first post so I hope I've done everything right.

Bidston's tunnels have been closed for a while now and were used as air raid shelters. They weren't always sealed though, for years they were open for any explorer to freely walk in but due to them being unsafe they were closed and now a load of concrete prevents anyone from getting in.

I have yet to get inside the tunnels but when exploring the area I came across a small underground room. I don't know what it was used for and it doesn't seem to actually connect to the tunnels but I'm guessing it has something to do with them.

The underground room is only a few metres long and has 2 tiny rooms round the corners at the bottom. In the first 2 pics I was standing in the same place so it shows how small it is. Might visit again and get some better pics but for now I have these.

IMG_9954.jpg

IMG_9955.jpg

Bad photo but it shows what's round the corner.
IMG_9956.jpg

Hi T-Dawg, saw your post and had to register in order to leave this message. Many years ago, when I was a lad, some friends and I found our way into the tunnels you speak of, they are many and they are long, used, I think, during the war years to shelter peoples and also bring supplies up from the beaches in safety. we quickly realized we may not find our way out and sent one of us to get rope, he came back with a ball of knitting wool, we were not well prepared, and after an hour or so hit a dead end. That was it. but I have always wanted to go back in. I doubt this is possible now. However, nice post, and glad to see this place still holds intrigue. Regards TenStop.

Venture-man

28DL Member
28DL Member
T-Dawg where abouts in the forest is this small room located? I too ha e been in the tunnels but never come across this small room

Lee tomo

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi. I was in bidston just this weekend and I came across the same room. Just to the right of that room is the old entrance to the caves and I went in them when I was a kid. Do you know of any other entrances.