Web
Analytics
Report - - Snowdown Colliery - Kent - Jan 2020 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Snowdown Colliery - Kent - Jan 2020

Urban Ginger Hog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Conducted a return trip here last weekend with a few pals, after a solo visit many moons ago. There is new perimeter fencing in place as well as a security guard. However, it is still easy to simply climb over the front gate entrance (no razor wire on top right hand side) but seeing as security were parked right in front of it I took the next available entry point. Was so simple, I fail to see why they spent such on the new fencing. REMOVED We worked our way around the site, avoiding the security who I'm sure was asleep in his truck. Out of all the old large derelict buildings there were 2 main ones with suitable access and worth looking at. We got some ok shots but due to one of our friends not having the confidence to crawl up and over into what I felt was the best bit we only spent a short while before heading off and leaving the complex. As we walked back in the direction of the train station we decided to get a better look of the sleeping security guard and approached the main gate. We then realised that he had actually decided to start patrolling the site, but late there pal lol. To be honest though folks, it wouldn't have been difficult to stay hidden due to the geography of the site. Was pleased I got to go back and get inside one of the buildings but need a further trip to investigate the other building with access as well as the underground section.
DSC_0054-01.jpeg
DSC_0060-01.jpeg
DSC_0026-01.jpeg
DSC_0037-01.jpeg
20200118_211859-01.jpeg

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
Regular User
Some decent shots there and good effort for posting another report so soon after joining.

It's generally not a good idea to post any access details though. Security and site owners are known to read the forum and it's the quickest way to get access sealed :thumb

Urban Ginger Hog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some decent shots there and good effort for posting another report so soon after joining.

It's generally not a good idea to post any access details though. Security and site owners are known to read the forum and it's the quickest way to get access sealed :thumb
Fair point, hadn't considered that. Will keep that in mind for future reports

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice take on it. Only thing I would say is remember to title correctly. Area & date missing. I know this place, but many wont and for some reason google is a foreign word to them ;) Good report :thumb

Session9

A life backwards
Regular User
Good report, always used to be very relaxed there, perhaps they maybe getting around to redevelopment now?

Urban Ginger Hog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good report, always used to be very relaxed there, perhaps they maybe getting around to redevelopment now?
I would be very surprised if a developer received the go ahead to construct on this site but saying that stranger sh*t has happened

Session9

A life backwards
Regular User
I would be very surprised if a developer received the go ahead to construct on this site but saying that stranger sh*t has happened
They were talking years ago of development plans there, but all to the good they haven't :cool:

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
Regular User
Planning was granted in 2016 to build a solar photovoltaic farm on the site but this doesn't seem to have happened!

In 2018 - "an entrepreneur said he intends to use the humble honey bee as the catalyst for a major redevelopment of the former Snowdown Colliery". There's no planning application for that though.