real time web analytics
Report - - Solid Fuel Mine (Coal) (August 2016) | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Solid Fuel Mine (Coal) (August 2016)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

D4RK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is a Solid Fuel Mine in Wales. If you know the location / what mine this is, I ask you not to share it publicly, if you'd like to know the mine, contact me in person.

All safety precautions were taken whilst we were inside of the mine. As you can see in the second photograph, we had safety lamps and gas monitors. Please do not concern yourself with our safety :D

Anyway without further ado. On to the photographs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
A shot looking down the main roadway / heading.
25gv0cm.jpg

After this, we took a left off the junction, we came to an abandoned coal face, it was abandoned due to having clay joints in the strata above the coal (very weak roof).
5bpnwg.jpg

This is a close-up of the collapsed, abandoned coal face.
50mkgn.jpg

We came out of this side-road and continued down the main haulage drift, we took the first right and this is a shot of abandoned conveyor belting and air pipes ("bags" they called them).
2a5akbk.jpg

Unfortunately, that's all we managed to capture, but we plan on returning to get more photos :D
Cheers for looking,
- D4RK

cunningcorgi

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice.

It is a bit shonked these days compared to what it was when it first closed.

8690224808_655b536ee8_z.jpg

As far as I remember, the collapse in the second picture happened after closure, i.e. it was standing one week, allbeit with shitty supports and had buckled in less than two weeks later.

D4RK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yep, very bad roof especially in the Brithdir seam. The face was abandoned on purpose, if you give me a pm, I'll send you the mine plan which states it. Cracking pics mate, I seen these on derelictplaces.co.uk, fantastic photographs, fairplay.