real time web analytics
Report - - South Leicester College SLC Wigston Leicester Oct2010 | Diehardlove | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - South Leicester College SLC Wigston Leicester Oct2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
28DL Full Member
Went here recently with burb and lostexplorer (adamlc).
Ive had my eye on this site for quite some time after hearing it may be closing then latter in the year i heard it was deffinatly closeing so kept my eyes big time open to be repaid with this.

The site has started demo i thought i would be dissapointed by i could not have been more wrong and loved it also some dressing up time as found a costume.

some history
South Leicestershire College, formerly Wigston College, is a general college of further education, which opened in 1970. Situated on the southern outskirts of Leicester, it draws learners from across Leicestershire, but particularly from South of the county. The college operates within a budget of £15 million.

Contents [hide]
1 Location
1.1 South Wigston
1.2 Walkers Stadium
1.3 Belgrave Campus
1.4 City Campus
1.5 Other locations
2 Academy of Sport
3 External links

[edit] Location
The College operates predominantly out of four campuses. The main campus is a new multi-million pound campus in South Wigston.

[edit] South Wigston
SLC's South Wigston Campus first opened its doors to learners in September 2010. The South Wigston Campus features state-of-the-art facilities and is situated next to Blaby Road Park, South Wigston. The South Wigston Campus features many classrooms and learning spaces but also a sauna, steam room and therapies suites as well as a fully-fitted boxing ring, The Weigh In, which was launched in September 2010 by Barry McGuigan. This new campus also features a gym, with equipment supplied by the Leicester Tigers, a Café, a vast Library, an eating area named 'The Eating Place' and an area for learners in their free-time, named 'The Lounge'.

The South Wigston Campus features many of the most modern environmentally-friendly technologies around. The installation of photovoltaic cells and thermal solar panels enables the college to generate hot water and electricity from the sun, whilst the installation of a biomass boiler will significantly reduce the building's carbon footprint. It will also capture rainwater, which will be recycled throughout the building.

South Leicestershire College's South Wigston Campus has been a major catalyst for the regeneration of South Wigston. The surrounding area has noticed favourable improvements, not least the opening of new businesses and current businesses witnessing an unprecedented increase in trade

IMGP7177.jpg

IMGP7184.jpg

IMGP7182.jpg

IMGP7185.jpg

IMGP7186.jpg

IMGP7187.jpg

IMGP7188.jpg

IMGP7191.jpg

IMGP7194.jpg

IMGP7205.jpg

IMGP7208.jpg

the leaving wall
IMGP7223.jpg

the nursery

IMGP7231.jpg

IMGP7233.jpg

IMGP7235.jpg

IMGP7236.jpg

IMGP7237.jpg

IMGP7241.jpg

IMGP7249.jpg

IMGP7253-1-1.jpg

IMGP7261.jpg

IMGP7270.jpg

the asbestos room with negative pressure ad double doors
IMGP7272.jpg

IMGP7275.jpg

IMGP7276.jpg

IMGP7360.jpg

IMGP7366.jpg

IMGP7363.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
28DL Full Member
sorry mods for so many pics i got carried away delete any you dont like if you want cheers.

IMGP7328.jpg

just sitting in some rubble
IMGP7330.jpg

IMGP7331.jpg

IMGP7332.jpg

IMGP7334.jpg

IMGP7335.jpg

my favourite signs :D

IMGP7347.jpg

IMGP7348.jpg

IMGP7357.jpg