real time web analytics
Report - - South Western Storm Relief Sewer (AKA Rubix) – London – May 2019 | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - South Western Storm Relief Sewer (AKA Rubix) – London – May 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
It's got a remote controlled penstock thing at the end which controls the flow down some steps into what I presume is a big storage tank. For it to be full the penstock must be closed. Maybe if you go soon after a storm it might be open and the main drag should be empty. The falls seemed to go with the tides so as soon as theres a high tide it will fill again I think..

Is it going to effected by this new super sewer?

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
It's got a remote controlled penstock thing at the end which controls the flow down some steps into what I presume is a big storage tank. For it to be full the penstock must be closed. Maybe if you go soon after a storm it might be open and the main drag should be empty. The falls seemed to go with the tides so as soon as theres a high tide it will fill again I think..

Is it going to effected by this new super sewer?

Yes, as you say, the penstock at the end must be kept closed these days which is a pity.
I have a feeling somehow that even during a storm it remains closed now and probably has been that way since work began on the Super Sewer.
The outfall is at Heathwall Pumping Station where work has been ongoing for several years.
It'll be interesting to see if this changes once Tideway is finally complete.

Who has read this thread (Total: 224) View details