Web
Analytics
Report - - South Witham to Wymondham Culvert Run - Jan '14 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - South Witham to Wymondham Culvert Run - Jan '14

Punk

Irregular Member
Regular User
As it was my birthday recently, me and The Wombat decided to celebrate by ticking off a few culverts after failing to jump into a mine.:banghead We did three culverts-South Witham Culvert, Broke-Back-Mongoose Culvert and Wymondham Behemoth Culvert.All are on the Great Northern/Midland Mainline Branch connection. Although small, it was great to get back in a culvert for the first time in 4 months.

South Witham Culvert

Nice easy one to start the day, although i nearly made my sterile on a fence. Short but looks like the recent rain has washed up a load of rocks blocking the entrance.

(1)
DSC_0374.jpg

(2)
DSC_0375.jpg

(3)
DSC_0377.jpg

(4)
DSC_0387.jpg

(5)
DSC_0388.jpg

Broke-Back-Mongoose Culvert

Another short one. Must of been about 4/5 foot tall if that and with me being 5'11 it was a little uncomfortable, Name explained.
(6)
DSC_0389.jpg

(7)
DSC_0390.jpg

(8)
DSC_0391.jpg

(9)
DSC_0400.jpg

(10)
DSC_0401.jpg

(11)
DSC_0404.jpg

Wymondham Behemoth Culvert

Not sure if this is a bridge or culvert, technically, as there 6 foot of earth on top it is a culvert. It is a twin culvert, one water and one fram traffic with a road bridge close by.

(12)
DSC_0420.jpg

(13)
DSC_0421.jpg

(14)
DSC_0422.jpg

(15)
DSC_0423.jpg

(16)
DSC_0424.jpg

Cheers for looking:thumb