Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Southampton based producer looking for locations for a documentary? Any leads? | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - Southampton based producer looking for locations for a documentary? Any leads?

Alex Robertson

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello,

Let me introduce myself, I'm Alex and I am a producer at Solent University in Southampton. I'm producing a 8-min short documentary with a possibility to make into a series, about Urbexing. I was wondering if anyone could help me in finding some good locations to film at, preferably in the Southampton/Portsmouth area however would be willing to travel further if the location's good.

Any ideas? I've heard that Bargate is supposedly quite good, as is NY2 nightclub and the place next door to Asgard. Any leads on those would be fantastic as well.

Any help appreciated, and of course credit given in the documentary

Many Thanks

Alex Robertson,
Producer, Spitfire Productions

Styru

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Oh dear, do me a favour Alex, cast your mind way, way, back to when you joined this forum (16.21 Hrs today)

You were specifically asked to read the FAQs.... the exact wording was:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above
If you had - then you would be in a better position to understand why this thread is going to go down like the proverbial lead balloon.

We get about a half dozen such requests per week - with every film, media, arts, humanities, photography student rocking up here and thinking they have discovered something new to make a film about.

Basic research is key to any endevour - and wanting to be a film maker is no exception - if you are too lazy to research the FAQs, the ones we wrote for you, pointed you to before joining, and which specifically cover film makers - then what hope for a well researched, well planned film???

Maybe being in the media 'edited highlights' work better, so here's an edited highlight from the FAQs;

Press and Media

If you are one of the following...

University Students.
Film Makers.
Press.
Ghost hunters.
Bands looking for a photo shoot or video location.
Location Scouting.

etc...

DO NOT ENQUIRE ON THE FORUM...
Sorry if that sounds a bit 'terse' - but believe me - when you have seen as many of these requests as we have - it all gets very wearing....

norfolkexplorer

av u seen my marbels
28DL Full Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You are at UNI and you don't have the skills to read.. Jesus

Kinger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was wondering if anyone could help me in finding some good locations to film at, preferably in the Southampton/Portsmouth area however would be willing to travel further if the location's good.

Any ideas?
Yeah sure, I'm pretty sure Southampton has a few short piers... :mad

Brian

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You are at UNI and you don't have the skills to read.. Jesus
Probably why he called it 'urbexing' too.

Alex - 'Urbex' is a word like 'doggie' 'choo-choo train' or 'poo-poo' - people know what you mean by it - but are unlikely to use it in daily conversation :rolleyes:

Styru

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Well 15 people have viewed this thread - sadly Alex is not yet one of them - once you've read it Alex - could you pop us a note to say you have - and we can delete it :thumb

Kinger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah, I think he might have got the message...