real time web analytics
Southsea police station - July 2019 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Southsea police station - July 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Thebfg

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
In 1927 the Portsmouth Corporation Transport company purchased 3 acres of land in Eastney to build the new Eastney bus and tram depot and transport head office.

In the 90's after deregulation the company became part of Portsmouth city bus and the depot was knocked down to become a housing estate.

Luckily the transport office remained, it was built in 1932 by a local southsea man in a neo Georgian design with a Portland stone dressing over brick.

In 1994 Hampshire constabulary, who had purchased it 2 years earlier designated it as Southsea Police station and it remained open to the public until 2013.

Once sold there were major fears that although locally listed it would be demolished, but to everyone's delight the developers submitted plans to convert to flats. Work has since started.

This is one police station I had really wanted to get into since closure, I had visited many times to find it totally secure. In fact we had almost given up bit went on a regular trip to check and low and behold a door was wide open and this is what we found, I am sorry about the rubbish pics I was in heaven at finally getting in.

Explored with benjy and xexxa

UkJester87

28DL Member
28DL Member
Has anybody got any idea how far they are with work being started, have they started demolishing it or is it just a case that its an empty shell?

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice. Always a rush to get in somewhere you`ve been pining for and watching. Glad it happened for you. Nice shots. Also glad its being refub`d :thumb

jtza

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Liking the outside of that! Some nice stuff remaining inside too. Good report

DXNBdanielb

28DL Member
28DL Member
Has anybody got any idea how far they are with work being started, have they started demolishing it or is it just a case that its an empty shell?
So I went there tonight as it’s on my way home and although there’s a top window open there’s no way inside. From what I could see it looked very stripped out though

Who has read this thread (Total: 254) View details